here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Share The Update On My Big Boy 44 Mag repairs

Post by leverjc » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:38 pm

Travlin wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:25 am
I am beginning to wonder a bit about HRA. It seems like we are reading a growing number of unsolved quality control issues . I wonder if it has anything to do with Mr. I not being the head man of record now. Maybe not being able to keep up with the demand and at the same time introducing new rifles such as the semi auto 9mm is stretching the inspectors who do the final approval to the rifles a little thin. What do you all think?
I think you are correct about Anthony not overseeing things anymore. When I emailed Anthony about my first 2 barrels he had the replacement barrel checked and test fired. I thought I was on to a good thing until the end of the barrel split. My point being that the rifle shot great giving me clover leaf groups at 50yds until the barrel split by the front sight and the mag hanger. I don't think anyone could tell this was going to happen. After my fourth barrel I sent a email to Mr Luce and he sent an apology and said he would refund my money and send me a new rifle, which he did. The problem was the bore was trash and the chamber put deap scratches in my brass, not to mention a bunch of stuff in the action that looked like oily fiberglass cloth.

Sent Mr Luce an email about how disappointed I was but never heard back so I guess we were done but I am still not satisfied as they guarantee promises.
1 x

pennsylvaniapete
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by pennsylvaniapete » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:58 pm

Send an email to Dan Clayton Luce at Henry. He is the Communications Director there and in charge of Customer Service. He helped me on three different occasions in the last 18 months.
I am not at home right now, so I can’t verify his email address.

I think it is: dan@henryusa.com. If that kicks back to you, try: dan@henry.com
Good luck….he is very prompt in getting back to customers.
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:09 pm

pennsylvaniapete wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:58 pm
Send an email to Dan Clayton Luce at Henry. He is the Communications Director there and in charge of Customer Service. He helped me on three different occasions in the last 18 months.
I am not at home right now, so I can’t verify his email address.

I think it is: dan@henryusa.com. If that kicks back to you, try: dan@henry.com
Good luck….he is very prompt in getting back to customers.
dan@henryusa.com is correct.
https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... t=contacts
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ol'pole » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:01 pm

I believe Henry has taken a turn for the worse, it must be run by 'bean counters' squeezing every penny until Lincoln cries, first cut by most bean Counters is to cut quality (the quality department doesn't enhance profits, it detracts from them) people being paid without making parts.
I know my experience with hcs was terrible. sent my new rifle back 4x due to poor engineering and lack of Quality assurance. They sent me a new rifle that must have come out of the reject pile. Sent that one back 4x, talked to Andy W (the guy who took over for Tony) who made excuses for Henrys' half assed engineering and failed attempts to correct the problems. Andy even told me that they don't do traditional 'color case hardening' they case harden the receivers then dip them like an Easter egg for color, and Henry charges almost $200 for color case hardening?
I can't wait till the new Marlin's come out in 45colt, I'll trade my pos Henry in on a new Marlin and have a high quality, well made good looking accurate rifle by a good American company.
3 x
I love my country but I fear my government

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:25 pm

I wonder if anyone from H.R.A. ever even looks at this site. Having been in business myself for 50 years I know that it takes many years to build up a good reputation and only one or two of those that are treated poorly with their problems to trash the good name. It seems like I am starting to see bad comments about the Henry's poor customer service on some of the other sites too.A Lifetime warranty isn't worth much if the rifle keeps coming back with the same problem or worse.
2 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:53 pm

ol'pole wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:01 pm
I believe Henry has taken a turn for the worse, it must be run by 'bean counters' squeezing every penny until Lincoln cries, first cut by most bean Counters is to cut quality (the quality department doesn't enhance profits, it detracts from them) people being paid without making parts.
I know my experience with hcs was terrible. sent my new rifle back 4x due to poor engineering and lack of Quality assurance. They sent me a new rifle that must have come out of the reject pile. Sent that one back 4x, talked to Andy W (the guy who took over for Tony) who made excuses for Henrys' half assed engineering and failed attempts to correct the problems. Andy even told me that they don't do traditional 'color case hardening' they case harden the receivers then dip them like an Easter egg for color, and Henry charges almost $200 for color case hardening?
I can't wait till the new Marlin's come out in 45colt, I'll trade my pos Henry in on a new Marlin and have a high quality, well made good looking accurate rifle by a good American company.
Sorry you are having so many issues with your Henry. But if you aren't happy send it back for a refund. They have done that with other customers. You paid hard earned money for it. So dont accept it if doesnt meet your expectations. If you think that Ruger is a perfect company they have issues to. Ive sent just as many Rugers back for warranty as I have Henrys. Im not sticking up for Henry I have no dog in the fight. Im just saying dont accept it tell them you want a refund. YMMV
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55