Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Good Find

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
zara_puppy
Cowhand
United States of America

Good Find

Post by zara_puppy » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:09 pm

Been scouring the web looking for a particular firearm. Getting to the point where i’m Just googling “gun dealers near me”. Most small shops don’t have their inventory posted - they just post pictures of the inside of their shop. One shop not too far from me had this pic....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

Rob96
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Good Find

Post by Rob96 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:42 am

No rhyme or reason right now as to what dealer gets what. The Gold Level Dealer near me has a waiting list. Another high volume dealer gets them in a trickle at a time, model dependent. I was on the hunt for a BB X in 45 Colt and was told by all dealers to have fun on my search. On a whim I stopped in at Cabela's on my way home from work and low and behold they had just gotten one in that was just put on the shelf.
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:47 am

I agree with checking shops. I was looking for a 357 a while back (2019-2020). Wanted a Ruger or S&W. I would check various shops around. One day, I walked into my LGS. It had a 9mm revolver. I thought about it. But, I did not want to start keeping ammo of another caliber on hand. So, I passed. Weeks later, a S&W was there. It was lighter than the Ruger, which appealed to my wife. And, the cylinder seemed to open, close and lock smoother, which appealed to me. It was of a odd color (black frame with a tan grip) that I liked. So, my search was over.

I experienced a similar thing when searching for a 12ga (2020-2021). I wanted a pump for around $400 or so, maybe a Mossberg. After visiting shops around the area for awhile, found a Benelli. It is not traditional. But, I liked the ghost ring sight. So, my search was over.

Just keep looking. Sooner or later, you will find something that you will like.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:22 am

That’s a nice rack of Henry’s, more than I’ve seen in a while.

Recently when looking for a .410 Henry I was in a feed type store with a gun counter and there it was. Just got lucky I guess.
1 x