here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Henry Quality?

Post by markiver54 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:13 pm

Travlin wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:51 pm
I have a friend who has the Ruger 101 in .22 and the first time he shot it I had to help him get the cylinder open. It went back to Ruger and it turns out the barrel cylinder gap was too tight . They fixed it in short order and now it works as it should have to begin with.
It is in the best interest of these major, ( and smaller ) firearm manufactureres to keep shortcomings and flaws to a minimum.
Also, to stand behind their products and make good on any flaws.
There will always be issues along the way. I think, for the most part, they DO stand behind their products and we, as gun owners, need to appreciate that. Their existence is a result of our support, and 2A. I think they know that, and will continue to keep the gun owning public satisfied.
I might add, Henry, IMHO is doing a great job! Others, I'm sure are considering that as a priority as well! Just my $.02.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:21 am

JVogler wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:15 pm
Having a bad experience leaves a bad taste in one's mouth. All my handguns came Ruger even the ones I traded to get a Henry Big Boy Brass 357. I became my older brothers mentor as far as guns were concerned. He bought a Ruger SP101 8 shot 22 lr because I had one. His fired 5 rounds, on the 6th round it locked up and could not be fired. Had to be sent back to Ruger twice before it was right. Poor workmanship for a new purchase, it took several weeks to get it back. He said no more Rugers.
Ive sent as many Rugers back as I have Henry's. Ive bought 4 5th wheel trailers and have taken them all back for problems within the first year of ownership. Should I half to after paying the price for them you do? No. Its not a perfect world and there is humans involved. The guy at the top is depending on his crew to do things right. Doesnt happen. Some people are just there for friday and the paycheck. Their pride in the work they do isnt there for one reason or another. Ive been around them and anyone thats worked with a group of people knows exactly what I am talking about.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:46 am

^^^^^^^^

We used to call folks like that “eight and then the gate”
1 x

Kram
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Kram » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:32 pm

I'm not all that thrilled with this thread. I'm sorry that there have been so many problems.

I've got a Henry Long Ranger that I need to send back. My .357 lever guns are more accurate then this .308.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:06 pm

Kram wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:32 pm
I'm not all that thrilled with this thread. I'm sorry that there have been so many problems.

I've got a Henry Long Ranger that I need to send back. My .357 lever guns are more accurate then this .308.
Sorry to hear you're unhappy. I do not, however, think you will find another firearm manufacturer that will go above and beyond Henry to satisfy you.
If you have to send it back...please do so and report back and let us know how it goes.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ol'pole » Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:02 am

markiver54 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:35 am
All of these problems are unfortunate. I guess my thinking is, that Henry does make a quality firearm and don't regret my purchaces at all.
I'll bet you can be sure that ALL the major manufacturers have had their issues. Nothing is perfect. I'm not dis-crediting some issues....just sayn'
Companies are run by Human Beings, and we all know about them! :roll: :lol:
I'm wondering, after reading your responses to this thread, are you employed by Henry? You seem to excuse away everybody's problems for Henry.
WHY :?: :?:
0 x
I love my country but I fear my government

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:18 am

ol'pole wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:02 am
markiver54 wrote:
All of these problems are unfortunate. I guess my thinking is, that Henry does make a quality firearm and don't regret my purchaces at all.
I'll bet you can be sure that ALL the major manufacturers have had their issues. Nothing is perfect. I'm not dis-crediting some issues....just sayn'
I'm wondering, after reading your responses to this thread, are you employed by Henry? You seem to excuse away everybody's problems for Henry.
No.. not an employee, although I wouldn't mind being one. Just keeping things in perspective. Nothing is perfect. My own experiences with them have been positive. Just expressing my opinion. Not many things are faultless. ;)
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:34 am

ol'pole wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:02 am
markiver54 wrote:
ol' pole, it might be he hasn't had any issue with his Henry's and this is a Henry forum. Sure, some have had problems; it happens as we all know.
I'm not seeing anyone knock the defenders of Marlin rifles for the most part, but they certainly defend them. And thats fine. Mark will be along and give his side here. Let's try not to be too harsh is all I'm trying to say. Hope you understand.
1 x