Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

For Real?

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: For Real?

Post by markiver54 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:38 pm

Well I went back to the Pawn Shop today to have another look. The gun was actually a brand new one and the price was $419.00.
Great...he wouldn't budge on the price though.
I did some research online before going back and found about 10 sellers that were even cheaper. He looked them up and saw them, however, they all said out of stock. He said that is why the prices were coming up lower, because they were old prices. He said, now that I see how hard it is to find these, I'm going to raise the price as soon as you leave! ( sales ploy)
Now...the front and rear furniture were both a bit loose. Not like typical Henry. He was unwilling to take a screwdriver to it to see if it would tighten up. I'm pretty sure it would have. Anyway....I said, I'll take it as is because I know Henry will make it right.
He THEN said, " I'm not gonna sell this like it is. I'm gonna send it back to Henry and get you another one ". He said, check back with me next week, as he took the gun into the back room.
Well, if noone else can get them, then I'm sure he won't find another one for me. My guess is that he's going to tighten the gun up and put it back on the rack for more money!! 😠
I probably shot myself in the foot by making him aware how hard they are to come by.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:49 pm

Mark,
I have no idea how many Henry made, but I don't think it's a large number. I'd steer clear of that guy. He sounds like an opportunist at best. In his industry, he has to be.

I'd check with your favorite gun shop and see what they say. If they can't find one, contact Henry directly and see what they say. I hope I have given you the bug. It's a fun little gun if you can find the shells to make it so.

Remington made a .22lr shotgun. Try to find one of them now.............. Just sayin.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:29 pm

daytime dave wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:49 pm
Mark,
I have no idea how many Henry made, but I don't think it's a large number. I'd steer clear of that guy. He sounds like an opportunist at best. In his industry, he has to be.

I'd check with your favorite gun shop and see what they say. If they can't find one, contact Henry directly and see what they say. I hope I have given you the bug. It's a fun little gun if you can find the shells to make it so.

Remington made a .22lr shotgun. Try to find one of them now.............. Just sayin.
I hear ya Dave, and thanks! The more I think about my experience today, the more it aggravates me. This is why I've never been a big fan of Pawnbrokers.
Yes, I will check with my LGS and see what he can do for me. He IS a Gold Star Henry dealer.
Yes, I have the bug now and will see what I can make happen. May not find that price again. I truly don't think he knew what he had.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:35 pm

I wouldn't go back in that shop again either. That's not the way an honest businessman does business. I treat the people I encounter fairly, I expect them to do the same with me.

I had been doing business with one LE Dealer for years, and bought a LE Sig from them. I got home and was doing some research on my new purchase and found that what they had sold as a LE model wasn't. It was a less featured civilian model. Main difference was upgraded handguards and sight package. I called the manager, she immediately cut me a check for the retail price difference, since I didn't want to return the rare firearm. That's the way good dealers operate.
3 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:22 pm

The Garden Gun is ordered!! Found one available online. It took a while. Almost every place I looked said out of stock.
Found it at Guns.com...$395.00 + tax of course, but free shipping to my FFL dealer. $20.00 to him for transfer, so not bad.
Now, I wait. Hopefully not long. ☺
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:25 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:22 pm
The Garden Gun is ordered!! Found one available online. It took a while. Almost every place I looked said out of stock.
Found it at Guns.com...$395.00 + tax of course, but free shipping to my FFL dealer. $20.00 to him for transfer, so not bad.
That is a very good deal! I looked around on Guns International and saw a couple at 450- 499 new!
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:14 pm

fortyshooter wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:25 pm
markiver54 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:22 pm
That is a very good deal! I looked around on Guns International and saw a couple at 450- 499 new!
Thanks Forty. That makes me feel even better!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:50 pm

Here are some photographs of the Henry Garden gun. This may help with what Mark and I are talking about. The wood is Black Ash and mine looks a lot better than the one in the Henry catolog that I saw. The grain of the wood literally stands out for a very tactile feel. You can see and feel that this is not the H001 that it very closely resembles. It is the garden gun. I've taken a few close up shots of the grain and it feels like it looks. It's not rough by any means. It's a very nice gun and I'm glad they made it simple to tell the difference without any gimmicks.

0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:09 pm

Great pics Dave and I agree with all you said. Should have mine by Tuesday at which time I will add it to the community total.
Didn't know Winchester made the shot shells, at least I hope they still do.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:55 pm

Mark, I don't know how old that box is.

I was given this box of shells and they were old then. They still work. Here's a shot of the price tag, back when price tags were still put pn things. Maybe someone who shpeed at an Ace hardware can pin down the date range on these.
I'm pretty sure CCI still makes them.
0 x