Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

lever info

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

lever info

Post by ol'pole » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:07 pm

I have a bbs h012 side gate, had feed/ejection issues, sent it to HWS came back worse, went back again and it came back in working order. It was getting close to hunting season so I put my large loop lever and it wouldn't work, the lever is new from Henry, had to wait for a new run. I compared the levers and noticed that HWS "modified" my lever to make it work. According to Jake an engineering manager, this modification was made just after the sidegates came out. See picture for modified and as bought. My Question is how many other peoples rifles have this "modification"?
IMG_0753.JPG
In the picture the top one is the new large loop and the bottom is the old one the one that HWS hacked. Which one do you have? Please let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
I love my country but I fear my government

wolfman
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: lever info

Post by wolfman » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:21 pm

From my H012GMR, card inside the box has a born-on date of 12/21/21. Pretty sure it was carried straight from the assembly line to the delivery truck- picked it up from the dealer on 12/23!
0 x

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:02 am

My .44 Mag BBX would not feed at ALL, I sent it back and one thing Henry did was relieve (machine away) that area in the lever just like your lower one, in the top pic. It cycles slick as can be now. I have to wonder how in the world they missed this issue and let these rifles get shipped with a major defect.

John Davies
Spokane WA
1 x

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:16 pm

Found the pic:

129D8FE3-24B2-4B2F-A868-2B1713C99DF0.jpeg

From this thread: …. https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic ... 99#p127491

John Davies
Spokane WA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x