Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

SILENCER SATURDAY #195: Big Bore Blasting – Henry .45-70 And The Dead Air Primal

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

SILENCER SATURDAY #195: Big Bore Blasting – Henry .45-70 And The Dead Air Primal

Post by John E Davies » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:43 am

00E56640-1781-412D-BA55-98CBBFB8D969.jpeg
“Suppression
As we talked about in the initial Primal review, suppressing full power .45-70 is never going to be “quiet”. But instead of my hard cast lead loads, this week I picked a handful of cartridges from Hornady and Federal to test out. And despite my own warnings, I shot one round from each batch with my left earmuff off. Many hunters don’t wear hearing protection and I wanted to get an idea of the suppressed .45-70 experience. It’s not terrible, but not great. I don’t recommend it. But, if you have to squeeze off a shot without plugs or muffs, I doubt it will be painful or disorienting when using the Primal.

The actual report was pleasant for a large, loud caliber. The Primal takes a bite out of the blast. I’d rank it as being quieter than any other unsuppressed supersonic rifle cartridge. I could not tell a difference between any of the loads. I did notice that the Primal gets hot quickly when shooting .45-70. After two shots it was too hot to touch.

Perceived recoil was noticeably reduced with the Primal over unsuppressed shooting. Admittedly, this isn’t a sit around all day and plink rifle; most shooters will confirm their zero with about four rounds and take one or two target shots a year. The beauty of the Primal is that it is actually a solid suppressor on other hosts, so it doesn’t need to live on your big bore rifle.“

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/20 ... ir-primal/

I wonder how loud it would be with subsonic Trail Boss loads out of my BBX .44 Mag? Hmmmmmm.

John Davies
Spokane WA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: SILENCER SATURDAY #195: Big Bore Blasting – Henry .45-70 And The Dead Air Primal

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:08 am

That is an awesome picture.
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: SILENCER SATURDAY #195: Big Bore Blasting – Henry .45-70 And The Dead Air Primal

Post by fortyshooter » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:58 pm

Still waiting on my ATF stamp for the Banish 45. Hopefully by end of year and latest update 3 months ago was "Documents being reviewed".
0 x

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:58 pm

I am not sure how they made that cool pic of the floating rifle, it looks vaguely like the stuff they did way back when, the “rocket on a string” special effect. This one was from the Flash Gordon movie shorts from the 1930s…..

CAF3B4F1-9415-4B9C-B63D-635C4FEA9EC1.jpeg

John Davies
Spokane WA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:41 pm

report appreciated .... yours is the first use report I've seen on the suppressor
0 x