here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
deerwdr
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: single shot in 350 legend feedback

Post by deerwdr » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:12 am

Kissmybrass wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:59 pm
"Hunt with a Henry" on YouTube is an excellent resource.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdpqkd9MOX4
Thanks. Looks like that 350 single shot shoots great! From a bench in a lead sled it'd probably punch the same holes at 50! That was another choice of mine but I wanted to give the 44 BBX a try, and I found it first.

I have a couple boxes of 44 mag coming, so I'll try the BBX again and see how it does. Before I take it to a gunsmith I think I'd trade it in for the single shot in 350. Hopefully I can find an ammo that shoots well because I really want to keep it.

If a shot feels good to me, and the shots are almost touching, I have no reason to keep punching paper unless I want to see placement at varying distance. For scope sight in at 25 yards, one round downrange, adjust the scope, another round in or close to the dot, then back to 50 yards and do likewise, maybe 2 more for a group, then find shot placement at 100. Most of the time less than 10 rounds. It's how I've done it since I bought my first scope. The only deviation is when something is malfunctioning or the ammo/gun do not match. When it was available I always bout Federal Premium and I don't remember any rifle being a problem with that brand. My son has gotten good results for at least 15 years with Hornady but I haven't tried it in a rifle round. Cant find either right now though.
0 x