Drover
United States of America

Re: Beretta Shotgun

Post by Ernie » Mon May 17, 2021 6:58 pm

GFK wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:43 am
Ernie wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:28 am
. . . Bit the bullet and paid my house off last week . . .
That is awesome! That is one of my hopes also. We are hoping to find something that we like to spend our remaining days in, hopefully in the county on a mountain.
That would be something special, hope you find your perfect place. Real estate right now is scary high and moves so fast it can be hard to find and lock down your choice. Good hunting.
0 x

Conax
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Conax » Tue May 18, 2021 2:31 am

Just think.. for a mere pittance we can shoot the exact same shotgun shells out of our $600 Mossbergs. They hit just as hard, shoot just as far and drop the same pheasants as the rich folks with their $10,000 Berettas.
I find over priced conversation pieces to be extravagances that return very little for the investment.
To each his own. Their heirs will enjoy them after their buyers are gone.
1 x

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Tue May 18, 2021 5:26 am

My brother-in-law "loaned " me an extra 870 Remington he had about 12 or 15 years ago and all I use a shotgun for is turkey hunting... .... and that ol 12 gauge can sure knock them flat...so I will keep my $10000 plus dollars, skip the fancy shotguns, leave them for the fellas that need um..., and just mention to my brother-in-law that he is a fine fellow... 🙂
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue May 18, 2021 7:15 am

Ernie wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:58 pm
GFK wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:43 am
Ernie wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:28 am
. . . Bit the bullet and paid my house off last week . . .
That is awesome! That is one of my hopes also. We are hoping to find something that we like to spend our remaining days in, hopefully in the county on a mountain.
That would be something special, hope you find your perfect place. Real estate right now is scary high and moves so fast it can be hard to find and lock down your choice. Good hunting.
Thanks! I am planning a few years out. Now, just been looking at different parts of the Country. Once we decided on a part of the Country, then we will focus on a town.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue May 18, 2021 7:35 am

I picked up a Benelli Nova Tactical (I guess a step child of Beretta) a couple of months back. Have not got out to shoot it yet. It is not fancy, but it seems like a solid firearm. However, it was about 5% of the Beretta that I saw. I suspect that it will shoot a 12 ga. shell every bit as well as a Beretta though. It just may not look at pretty doing so. Even so, I think that I will be able to live with that.
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue May 18, 2021 10:05 am

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course. I’m still kicking around a dedicated slug gun but somewhat shy of the prices of a good semi-auto and am thinking maybe a pump. Currently there are two Benelli Nova’s for sale on our local trader page, a standard and a super. To me, both are pretty good looking shotguns and I’m tempted as they are in the $500 range.
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue May 18, 2021 10:41 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 10:05 am
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course. I’m still kicking around a dedicated slug gun but somewhat shy of the prices of a good semi-auto and am thinking maybe a pump. Currently there are two Benelli Nova’s for sale on our local trader page, a standard and a super. To me, both are pretty good looking shotguns and I’m tempted as they are in the $500 range.
That is kind of what happen with me. At the time, I was looking for .357 or .38 spl. ammo. Yet, I had been on the lookout for a shotgun as well. When I walked in the store, I was in awe. The place (another shop about 50 miles away) was filled with rifles, shotguns, pistols and revolvers. So, I started cruising the floor. There were a few shotguns. But, I did not want to spend over $500. Then, a couple caught my eye. Both were Benellis (SuperNova Tactical and a Nova Tactical). I cycle the pump on both. However, I could not tell any difference between the two. The Nova Tactical was less than $500. So, that is the one that went home with me. As I recall, the salesman stated he had received about 19 or so that month and only had 2 left. It may have been a sell pitch. Yet, I knew what I was looking for. I have learned to buy stuff when I see it, if it is something that I want. Too often, it is gone when I return. Therefore, it went out the door with me.
0 x

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Thu May 20, 2021 7:30 pm

Really like my Nova. Holds 7+1 and I love the adjustable ghost ring sight. I have no regrets for that purchase.
1 x

Coach
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Coach » Sat May 22, 2021 11:38 am

Here’s my Beretta A400 Xcel.

$2,000 price range.

1 x
Deplorable California 2A supporter.

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sat May 22, 2021 3:35 pm

Man! That is nice!! The wood seems premium. I thought that I was done with buying shotguns. Now, I am not sure.
0 x