Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Beretta Shotgun

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Stump
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Beretta Shotgun

Post by Stump » Sun May 30, 2021 3:46 pm

I just bought a Beretta shotgun, but not the kind you guys are speaking of. I bought a Beretta 1301 tactical 12ga in FDE and I have to say I was a bit skeptical at first, but after shooting it just one range run it has become my favorite shotgun. Pretty much does it all from sporting clays to home defense and everything in between. It is a semiauto with the "blink" operating system with removable chokes and open sights, Beretta knows how to make a good shotgun.
1 x

Coach
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Coach » Sun May 30, 2021 7:49 pm

Got a picture Stump?
0 x
Deplorable California 2A supporter.

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Mon May 31, 2021 2:23 am

I’ve tried Berettas, but they don’t fit me. I may be the exception here, but I want to carry a nice shotgun in the field when bird hunting with my dogs. It’s just more civilized. I’m not a gun snob. I shoot a Mossberg Waterfowl Pro for my duck hunts, as they are usually in salt water marshes. But if I had “extra” money, I’d have no problem dropping $10,000 on the right over/under.

I really like the Fausti Upland ($8,500), and I’d love to go hunting with the owners (pictured below). But, even though I can afford what I want, the gun that fits me best is a Franchi. Italian made and way more affordable at under $2,000. Beretta owns both Benelli and Franchi as well as a bunch of other well known firearms brands. My Franchi is pictured in the top two pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Mon May 31, 2021 9:05 am

Nice! I did not know shotguns could cost so much. Then again, my experience with shotguns is limited to security use onboard ships. So, a fancy shotgun may not been the best choice for narrow hallways at sea or in port. Maybe one day, I will start hunting birds and try one of those fancy shotguns. However, I will probably try to keep it under $1K. Yet, who knows?
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Stump
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Stump » Mon May 31, 2021 10:13 am

Here you go Coach...
PXL_20210531_140736731.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Mon May 31, 2021 11:07 am

GFK wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 9:05 am
Nice! I did not know shotguns could cost so much. Then again, my experience with shotguns is limited to security use onboard ships. So, a fancy shotgun may not been the best choice for narrow hallways at sea or in port. Maybe one day, I will start hunting birds and try one of those fancy shotguns. However, I will probably try to keep it under $1K. Yet, who knows?
I’ve owned Defender style shotguns in the past too.

If you do decide to get into an over/under, the Franchi is a great value. The model I have is sometimes on sale for $1300 or less. Cabelas did a sell off of Beretta Silver Pigeons last year and they were 1/2 price at around $1,000.

The key is finding one that fits you well. Fit is super important for wing shooting as it all happens VERY quickly, and if your shotgun isn’t fit properly, you will miss every time. You need to be able to shoulder you shotgun instantly and with your eyes closed, then open them and you should be looking perfectly down the top of the barrel at the bead.

These nicer shotgunsare also something to look at used as well. They are very well built (like a Henry) so used is a decent option. People are always upgrading.
1 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Mon May 31, 2021 12:54 pm

Redthies wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:07 am
GFK wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 9:05 am
I’ve owned Defender style shotguns in the past too.

If you do decide to get into an over/under, the Franchi is a great value. The model I have is sometimes on sale for $1300 or less. Cabelas did a sell off of Beretta Silver Pigeons last year and they were 1/2 price at around $1,000.

The key is finding one that fits you well. Fit is super important for wing shooting as it all happens VERY quickly, and if your shotgun isn’t fit properly, you will miss every time. You need to be able to shoulder you shotgun instantly and with your eyes closed, then open them and you should be looking perfectly down the top of the barrel at the bead.

These nicer shotgunsare also something to look at used as well. They are very well built (like a Henry) so used is a decent option. People are always upgrading.
Thanks!
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Coach
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Coach » Mon May 31, 2021 2:41 pm

Stump wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 10:13 am
Here you go Coach...
PXL_20210531_140736731.jpg
Nice Beretta Stump!!!
1 x
Deplorable California 2A supporter.