Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

hammer springs

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

hammer springs

Post by ol'pole » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:04 pm

Has anybody used this hammer spring setup ? https://pvgunworks.com/product/marlin-spring-kit/ it says it's for a Marlin but I think it should work on a Henry. Might be worth $25.00 to see if it will work, be able to adjust trigger pull?
0 x
I love my country but I fear my government

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: hammer springs

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:34 pm

Can't hurt to give it a try. Have read where the Henry action is very close to the Marlin design. Might get that spring kit too and if it doesn't work in my Henry I can use it in my 1895 Marlin.
0 x

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by leverjc » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:29 am

The Palo Verde gun springs have worked well for my Marlins and my Henry BBS. The hammer springs on Marlins and Henrys are similar. If you are looking to reduce the trigger pull by reducing your hammer spring strength you might be disappointed. You will have to play with the Palo Verde system to get 100% reliability. I did get about a half of pound of trigger reduction on 2 of my Marlins, I did not get any perceivable difference in the more complicated Henry trigger.

I would contact Henry to see if they can help you out with the trigger reduction you are seeking.
0 x

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ol'pole » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:33 pm

leverjc wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:29 am
The Palo Verde gun springs have worked well for my Marlins and my Henry BBS. The hammer springs on Marlins and Henrys are similar. If you are looking to reduce the trigger pull by reducing your hammer spring strength you might be disappointed. You will have to play with the Palo Verde system to get 100% reliability. I did get about a half of pound of trigger reduction on 2 of my Marlins, I did not get any perceivable difference in the more complicated Henry trigger.

I would contact Henry to see if they can help you out with the trigger reduction you are seeking.
I have a email to them requesting a reduced power spring, reading everyone that gets their rifle back from Henry says the trigger is smoother and lighter, thought it is worth a try
0 x
I love my country but I fear my government