Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Beretta Shotgun

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Beretta Shotgun

Post by GFK » Thu May 13, 2021 10:57 pm

I visited a couple of LGS today, looking for 12 ga. slugs, or whatever caught my eye. One shop was full of firearms (pistols, revolvers, shotguns, lever actions and alike). There were a few Henrys. I probably spent a half hour just browsing. One case was filled with Beretta shotguns (15-20 or so). They looked nice. I had to look a few times at the price tags. Some were over $10K. And, a salesman stated that they sold a lot of them. I did not know that shotguns costed so much, or any firearm for that matter. Is that typical for a Beretta? Or, is it a COVID-19 price? It did have 30-30 ammo, twice price as before. But, I did not found any slugs. Yet, one shop did have plenty of 00 buck (cases) for about $1 a round. Price seems good. Yet, I was looking for slugs, so I passed this time.
2 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Beretta Shotgun

Post by Rifletom » Fri May 14, 2021 12:35 pm

Yes, Beretta shotguns CAN and do cost that. Some more, some considerably less. Go to the "Pacific Sporting Arms" website and look at those.
That store is a mecca for shotgun guys. It's pretty close to me. And I stay away.
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Fri May 14, 2021 2:08 pm

Rifletom wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:35 pm
Yes, Beretta shotguns CAN and do cost that. Some more, some considerably less. Go to the "Pacific Sporting Arms" website and look at those.
That store is a mecca for shotgun guys. It's pretty close to me. And I stay away.
Wow! Thanks! One is listed for $62K. I guess that is for the rich. I thought $1k was a lot for a firearm. They must be hand crafted and flawless? Well, I might add something like that to my bucket list. But, I would like to have the house and vehicle that I like first.
2 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Sat May 15, 2021 5:24 pm

Shotgunners are a breed apart. They can go off the deep end when it comes to detail and craftsmanship. Select woods, custom engraving hand cut checkering and the list goes on. In some cases they will ever engrave the screw heads to match the rest of the metal work. Just bring a big wallet and they will make your shotgun anyway you want. :shock:

Paul
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sat May 15, 2021 5:33 pm

Headhog wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:24 pm
Shotgunners are a breed apart. They can go off the deep end when it comes to detail and craftsmanship. Select woods, custom engraving hand cut checkering and the list goes on. In some cases they will ever engrave the screw heads to match the rest of the metal work. Just bring a big wallet and they will make your shotgun anyway you want. :shock:

Paul
:lol:
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat May 15, 2021 8:28 pm

GFK wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:57 pm
I did not know that shotguns costed so much,
add me to not knowing .... I'm sure they are fine shotguns but they just aren't worth that to me
1 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sat May 15, 2021 8:46 pm

Beretta isn't the only high end shotgun maker. Look up Parker, or Purdey. A friend of mine has a couple of midgrade Parkers.

Parker quit making them around 1942, and sold out to Remington.

https://stevebarnettfineguns.com/parker ... s-for-sale

On the other side of the pond is Purdey: Prices are in British pounds, but are only listed for their pre-owned inventory. If you want a new one you have to contract for it, and if you have to ask the price you can't afford it.

https://www.purdey.com/#section-0

But they are fun to look at. Traumatizing, but fun. :lol:
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sat May 15, 2021 9:24 pm

The salesman stated that a lot of sales were online. Based on the site, GunBroker is used. Most seemed new in the store. But, they were out of my price league. If I had $10K to spend, I would probably buy a motorcycle. Yet, you only live once. So, who knows. At any rate, this is his site and a link to his online items:

http://www.larrystradingpost.com/

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search
0 x

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Sun May 16, 2021 8:28 am

That is out of my league too and I don't need to develop an interest in fancy shotguns. Bit the bullet and paid my house off last week and I need to focus on feeding my savings instead of my need for new toys for a while.
3 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sun May 16, 2021 10:43 am

Ernie wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:28 am
. . . Bit the bullet and paid my house off last week . . .
That is awesome! That is one of my hopes also. We are hoping to find something that we like to spend our remaining days in, hopefully in the county on a mountain.
0 x