Henry's new single shots
steelersfan97
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Recieved H015 back from recall

Post by steelersfan97 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:46 pm

brianpa wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:11 pm
I'm on the list but does any one know how long it takes to get the label and shipping information. My request was put in about 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything.
Thanks
Henry announced that it is voluntarily recalling all H015-series Single Shot Rifles and Single Shot Shotguns manufactured prior to July 1, 2020. Henry has recently discovered a potential safety issue wherein, under certain conditions, it is possible that some of these models may discharge without the trigger being pulled if the hammer is partially cocked and released. To prevent the possibility of death or serious personal injury, you should immediately stop using all H015-series Single Shot Rifles and Single Shot Shotguns and not load or fire them until they have been upgraded.

The safety issue leading to this voluntary recall was discovered internally while testing the existing fire control system for a trigger pull upgrade. This is the first product safety recall in the company’s nearly 25-year history. Although not every Henry H015-series firearm may be affected, Henry Repeating Arms is requesting that all Single Shot Rifles and Single Shot Shotguns be returned to be upgraded free of charge pursuant to this recall to prevent the possibility of the firearm discharging without the trigger being pulled. All H015 owners should visit the Henry H015 Recall website at HenryUSA.com/recall, email recall@henryusa.com, or call 1-866-200-2354 (M-F, 9AM ET-5PM ET) to obtain additional information and begin the upgrade process.

Henry Repeating Arms will upgrade all returned Single Shot Rifles and Single Shot Shotguns in the order in which they are received. Henry Repeating Arms is ready to begin performing the upgrade as the firearms are received. Information on the current turnaround time for firearms returned to be upgraded will be provided at HenryUSA.com/recall. Henry Repeating Arms will make every effort to minimize the amount of time required to upgrade and return your firearm. As a sign of appreciation to its customers, Henry Repeating Arms will also perform an unrelated performance upgrade to improve the trigger pull on all firearms returned pursuant to this recall free of charge.
0 x
H006M, H015-223

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:46 pm

Well, I finally managed to get my H015 rifles into the return to Henry process. Previously, I had wisecracked that, since I couldn't actually return them to Henry in person, I'd just drop 'em off at UPS in Rice Lake, and they could walk 'em over. Since Rice Lake isn't all that big of a place, I knew they were gonna be close by. I dropped my rifles off at the UPS Center this morning. It's literally across the street from Henry, if you jaywalk diagonally SW to NE across Coleman Sreet at an intersection (which I knew from checking the map). UPS assured me they'd have no trouble getting them delivered. You gotta admit it's kinda funny, right? :lol:
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:33 pm

just curious .... did the return label have a price shown on it .. :?: .. did they give you a projected delivery date .. :?:
1 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:54 am

JEBar wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:33 pm
just curious .... did the return label have a price shown on it .. :?: .. did they give you a projected delivery date .. :?:
Don't know about others, but my return label had an estimated weight pre-printed on it. Since I was shipping 3 pieces (plus 5 individual boxes, plus one big outer box), the stated weight was 31 lbs.

They've had mine for about two weeks now (at least - need to backtrack again), so awaiting notice that they're on the way back home!
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:54 am

There are no prices shown on the return label, but I've seen that information available somewhere on UPS's web site. I was able to follow the delivery with the tracking numbers (which are on the shipping labels), so I know that one was out for delivery yesterday (same day!), while the other three will be delivered Monday. That one must have slipped through before coffee break ;) . It's nice to know that they didn't have to go to Beloit to go across the street.
1 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:30 pm

Last night I got an E-mail from UPS that the rifles have been shipped, delivery to be Monday. That's just like when I dropped 'em off on a Friday, they didn't cross the street 'til Monday. Anyway, since Henry and UPS are right across the street, it's one "business day" delivery time to my house. If I ever need to send in something again, I'll have to keep that in mind ;) .
0 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:58 am

The rifles arrived via UPS yesterday afternoon, individually boxed in one big box, but I didn't unpack them for a few hours to let 'em warm up a bit (high was about -3f). Their triggers are all in the 3 lbs range, I would say, and no creep or grittiness, either. The hammer spring feels a little lighter, too, but is still pretty stout. Henry did a good job with this recall/upgrade :) .
2 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:06 pm

Glad you like yours sure do like mine.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:27 pm

Yornoc3 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:58 am
Henry did a good job with this recall/upgrade :)

that news comes as no surprise and is always good to hear .... looking forward to your coming range reports and use impressions
0 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:14 am

I'm looking forward to that, too. Considering that we won't have a high temperature above 0 f for a week, it won't be any time soon. But I will get to shoot 'em all when it warms up, since they all had their scopes and bases removed prior to their return to Henry. Since they all have Weaver type rings and Warne bases, they shouldn't be off much. It'll be fun to see how close they are ;).
0 x