Nice looking rifle, love the furniture!
1 x
I never take myself seriously....

zara_puppy
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Found One

Post by zara_puppy » Thu May 05, 2022 9:48 pm

Excellent wood. BigAl is right - these rifles don’t get enough love. The .243 I have loves Federal 95 grain hybrid hunters - if you can find them.

The single shots are not only a pleasure to shoot, they’re quite accurate in my experience. They’re also beautiful in their simplicity and they’re Henry’s - so they’re backed by one of the best.

I really look forward to your range reports. You’ve picked a fine one.
1 x

triumph650
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by triumph650 » Sat May 14, 2022 9:01 am

I purchased one in 350 Legend 2 months ago but had to send it back to Henry due to the barrel movement. With the action closed you could hold the rifle by the pistol grip and when you shake it the barrel would move side to side slightly. With the action open the movement was about 1/8 inch. I am waiting to hear from Henry about repair or replacement of rifle.
0 x

rr7135
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by rr7135 » Mon May 16, 2022 4:39 pm

My .350 Legend has some movement when open but not when locked up. My dealer had a .243 and a .44 that had movement when open. I contacted Henry and was told that is normal but I could send it in if I was concerned. I figure if that is normal, what's the use of returning it. It has the nicest wood I've seen on a rifle in a long time and figured with my luck it would get damaged or replaced.
2 x