Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

I messed up. Again....

Henry's new single shots
zara_puppy
Cowhand
United States of America

I messed up. Again....

Post by zara_puppy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:17 pm

I weighed the pros and cons. Many reasons not to - like "I don't really need it." "I really have enough for my purposes." "It's just going to cost money now and down the road". The standard stuff. 2 very important reasons to - "I already have dies, primers, brass, powder for this particular caliber" and "I just want one" (this was probably the one that tipped the scale). So I now have a Henry Single Shot .357 on the way. Found a new one for a reasonable price. I had such good luck with the single shot .243 (truly a tack driver) - that I just couldn't resist. I hunt in some fairly thick areas that will never have a shot much over 50 yards so this tool should fit the bill perfectly for those areas. I do also hunt creek lines and have stands on the corners of woods overlooking fields (perfect for the .243). Any way - for better or worse, another Henry in the stable.

Now - if I can just talk RanchRoper to come on over and teach me how to shoot - or at least show me how accurate this rifle really is then I'll be set.
4 x

wolfman
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: I messed up. Again....

Post by wolfman » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:16 pm

Don't feel bad, I'm on my third. Daughter in law claimed the first after it got back from recall work. Nephew got the 2nd.

Those were both steel- this one is the brass receiver version. Hoping the brass, straight stock or lack of a recoil pad will make it undesirable to my relatives :lol:
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:36 pm

congrats to both of you .... looking forward to your coming range reports and use impressions .... be sure to add these new ones to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 45#p181745
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:08 pm

I'll be right over, but there's no secret to it....close my eyes and hope for the best. :)
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully