Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Pulled the trigger

Henry's new single shots
Grunt67
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Pulled the trigger

Post by Grunt67 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:24 pm

Welcome to the forum, wolfman & congrats on your new Henry. I'm very familiar with the rotator cuff thing. Pain in the butt.
BTW, like that avatar, I've seen that movie dozens of times. Don't make 'em like they used too.
0 x
I rarely ever buy a rifle, but when I do, it's a Henry.

"Every day above ground, is a good day" ( Al Capone )

JimJ
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by JimJ » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:02 pm

I've been searching for the 223/556 version for a few months. I thought that I'd found one a month ago but it turned out to be a scam. Luckily nothing was lost and the transaction was terminated in the nick of time. I stopped in my local FFL and told them what had happened. They suggested that i contact Henry Customer Service. I sent Henry an email on the 27th of January and picked it up on 3 February. Carefully checked it out and found the "dimple" on the trigger guard. Great service!
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:38 pm

JimJ wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:02 pm
I've been searching for the 223/556 version for a few months.... I sent Henry an email on the 27th of January and picked it up on 3 February.
congrats on the new Henry .... I'm really looking forward to your coming range reports and use impressions .... be sure to add it to our community's total at the link below

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 50#p160550
0 x

Achigan
Tenderfoot
Lithuania

Post by Achigan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:06 pm

I've put my Henry to use this deer season. The Hornady Leverevolution 140 gn. rounds group well and are all I need for whitetail deer. The button buck I took opening day went only 30 yards after the round went through the front of the near shoulder hitting the heart and passing throughout the far lung.
The big doe I took tonight made it about 50 yards with a shattered heart before piling up.
Both were 25-30 yards away when I shot. In the small woods I hunt I certainly don't need anything more..
Perfectly pleased with my gun.
4 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:33 pm

Congrats on the not one, but two successful hunts there Achigan, with the new Henry.
Feels good when your plan all comes together.👍

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012