Henry's new shotguns
ditchparrot
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Got me a really good deal!!!

Post by ditchparrot » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:25 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:28 am
Here we have a shotgun capacity for hunting of three shells. When I got mine I checked with Henry and found they have a mag tube that does just that. Ordered one and I’m legal. I was impressed that they had that available.

https://henryoutfitters.com/collections ... azine-tube
Thanks, I'll be ordering one of those. I'll need it for dove season.
0 x
Henry Big Boy Rifle .357
Henry Classic .22
Henry Lever-Action .410
Henry Big Boy Revolver .357

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:28 am

Good on yah. I wish I could find 410 ammo for the wife's shotguns. The shelves are empty here and when you can find ammo it's running about five to eight dollars a round. 😢😢
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:43 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:28 am
Good on yah. I wish I could find 410 ammo for the wife's shotguns. The shelves are empty here and when you can find ammo it's running about five to eight dollars a round. 😢😢
Wow, and I thought it was expensive around here at $20 a box.
0 x

Bake
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bake » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:33 pm

I would love to take that out to the "SKEET!" Range. I bet everybody and their brother would be talking and looking :shock: :shock: . . .
0 x

rickhem
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by rickhem » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:00 pm

I've got a .410 that I use for rabbit hunting and some varmint deterrence around the house. We have a half-acre pond that the geese seem to like, especially around this time of year. The pond is about 75-100 yards from the house, and a 2½" load of 9s from the front porch sends them on their way pretty reliably. Ammo seems pretty readily available by me, with target loads going about $20-$25 per box, and the 3" #4 shot are about $30/box.
Lots of places have the 5 round boxes of buckshot for the .45/410 revolvers, and that seems pricey to me.
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:30 pm

I see a lot of ammo available online for backorder at $1 to $2 a round, and backorder estimated at four to six months.
0 x

ditchparrot
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ditchparrot » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:07 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:30 pm
I see a lot of ammo available online for backorder at $1 to $2 a round, and backorder estimated at four to six months.
This place had 37 boxes in stock when I got an email notification last week that they'd just received it. I immediately ordered 20 of them and they arrived yesterday, so I'm set for awhile. Others have since gobbled up the remaining 17 boxes.

I now have 23 boxes of this stuff but haven't fired any of it yet. The cartridges have no markings on the plastic whatsoever and they come in these funky cardboard boxes that they could also get 25 12-gauge rounds into, so I'm sure they just use the same boxes for all their shotshells.

I'll try it out next week.

https://www.300blackoutclub.com/ShockWa ... _1811.html
0 x
Henry Big Boy Rifle .357
Henry Classic .22
Henry Lever-Action .410
Henry Big Boy Revolver .357

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:09 am

Good job.... Right Place, Right Time.

Funny thing... Ammunition Depot has BRAND name 9mm for .25c a round. I have been telling my neighbor about it, and the other good deals, while they last. He has a couple 9mm handguns, and NO ammo. They are buying a lot of other "Stuff" that we see as frivolous and NOT picking up a single box of ammo. NOT 50 rounds. He bought a nice 223 last year, but it came without Sights, set up for either a scope, red dot, or YOU chose the iron sights. He still hasn't bought SIGHTS for the rifle. Has the one mag that came with the gun and no spares. A couple boxes of ammo, and ... hasn't fired it yet, no sights. But they buy decorative stuff for the house, things spruce up the cars and trucks....

Priorities.
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:25 am

ditchparrot wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:07 pm
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:30 pm
This place had 37 boxes in stock when I got an email notification last week that they'd just received it. I immediately ordered 20 of them and they arrived yesterday, so I'm set for awhile. Others have since gobbled up the remaining 17 boxes.

I now have 23 boxes of this stuff but haven't fired any of it yet. The cartridges have no markings on the plastic whatsoever and they come in these funky cardboard boxes that they could also get 25 12-gauge rounds into, so I'm sure they just use the same boxes for all their shotshells.

I'll try it out next week.

https://www.300blackoutclub.com/ShockWa ... _1811.html
Awesome deal and US made! Great combination.
0 x

rickhem
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by rickhem » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:39 am

Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but it looks pretty interesting.

https://www.thexringusa.com/product-pag ... for-410-ga

I already have a loader for 12 gauge and plenty of the necessities for that, so loading for .410 would only see me buying wads. If you're a skeet shooter, or some other high volume consumer of .410 ammo, a dedicated reloading press is a much better idea, but for a lower volume consumer, it could be the ticket. I already have plenty of 7½, 8, and 9 size shot, and plenty of steel BBs for my BB guns (readily available too). I have 296 powder and Lil Gun for metallic reloading, so a few options covered there too. Seems like it offers options to make up some ammo for whatever purpose you can think of and then some. I have see some videos of people loading .357 and .40 cal bullets as slugs for their .410 with varied success.

For the cost of 4 boxes of ammo, and the ability to load either 2½ or 3" hulls, I'll just have to get one and see.
0 x