Share something with us about your favorite Henry model

Peanut - and another thing with an edge

Show and tell about your Case knives
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Peanut - and another thing with an edge

Post by PT7 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:20 pm

Along with the new Buck 385 Toothpick I recently acquired, at the same time I got this new Case Peanut (6220 CV pattern) with yellow delrin handles. Always have liked the look of this mini-knife, and finally got one. Like the Toothpick, the Peanut's main blade is just under 2" in length. This Peanut carries chrome vanadium steel clip and pen blades. There is a difference in the Peanut blades as compared to the Toothpick....the Peanut blades are "wicked sharp," much more so than the Toothpick. I have to be extremely careful when opening these up.

For fun, I thought a neat background to show off my Peanut would be the "other thing with an edge," which is part of this sub-forum's description. It is my Sandvik-277 26" hand saw. My Dad was a jack-of-all-trades, and an exceptionally-skilled carpenter. As a kid I used to help him on house repair projects, and in those long-ago years, he didn't have a power circular saw. We did all our work with hand saws only. When he was in his early 90s, I got him this Sandvik as a birthday gift one year, and he hung it in his family room above the wood stove. When he passed away, it came back to me. Never been used, and I think it is a beautiful cutting tool. BTW, it is extremely sharp also!

Here are my Peanut and hand saw photos for today. [Please click on each photo for larger view]
Trust you'll enjoy them. Have a great day.
DSCN1950.JPG
DSCN1953.JPG
DSCN1954.JPG
DSCN1955.JPG
DSCN1956.JPG
DSCN1958.JPG
3 x

~Пока~

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Peanut - and another thing with an edge

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:24 pm

Thanks for that, it is a cute little knife and a really beautiful saw with great craftsmanship.
1 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:39 pm

Agreed, Dutch. The craftsmanship of the hand saw is something else. Sweden is most certainly proud for this one! ;)

As I do, my Dad especially loved wood, and most products made from wood. This was a special saw for him. I was glad he thought it was neat enough to display in his family room. I have it hanging in my den now.
Deadwood Dutch wrote:Thanks for that, it is a cute little knife and a really beautiful saw with great craftsmanship.
0 x

~Пока~

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:44 pm

What a beautiful saw, PT7. That your Dad hung it on the wall, unused, is fantastic! I'm glad it eventually came back to you as a tribute to him; and I hope it still hangs on a wall. Thanks for the photo.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:22 pm

Appreciate that, CT.

Yes, this tool hangs in a "tribute" wall section of my den, along with some other wood hangings --- all are special remembrances of my family members. It's a display I enjoy looking at often.
CT_Shooter wrote:What a beautiful saw, PT7. That your Dad hung it on the wall, unused, is fantastic! I'm glad it eventually came back to you as a tribute to him; and I hope it still hangs on a wall. Thanks for the photo.
0 x

~Пока~

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:03 pm

I agree with the other posters here.

You have a beautiful saw and knife. The nice thing is that it reminds you of your time with your Father and his craft.

Thank you for sharing.

Cate
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:41 pm

Thanks, Cate. Yes, the reminder always add so much more to those things we have.
Catherine wrote:I agree with the other posters here.

You have a beautiful saw and knife. The nice thing is that it reminds you of your time with your Father and his craft.

Thank you for sharing.

Cate
0 x

~Пока~