Share something with us about your favorite Henry model

Case knives

Show and tell about your Case knives
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Case knives

Post by daytime dave » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:45 am

I have added a special sub section for Case knives in the edge section. Come on Case collector's, let's see them!
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Case knives

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:47 pm

I don't think I own any Case knives.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:57 am

I had a couple of them in the past. They are VERY nice knives made in PA just like the other brands that were/are made in NY!

http://www.wrcase.com/index_en.php

My husband has a gift certificate for his retirement gift and he may get a BUCK, CASE and/or a Ka-Bar knife. He will have leftover money to buy something else too.

(He had some Idaho/Montana custom made knives completed recently and if he would help me computer wise - we could put them up to show all of you what they look like in the KNIFE SECTION on here.)

I saw one specific CASE pocket knife that I really LIKED online but I tried it in the store and my fingers had trouble opening it. My husband had NO issues opening it.

Cate
Typo

PS: I like the knife section on here a lot too.
Last edited by Catherine on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:05 am

PS: The CASE one that I liked had a BEAUTIFUL blue/green handle and it was a single blade design called TEXAS TOOTHPICK. Medium size not tiny.

I like single blades in pocket/folding knives but I only OWN/USE BUCK and one Ka-Bar fixed blade knives now due to my hand issues. I don't know if that CASE KNIFE would loosen up a wee bit so I could open it unless I just had it for something to look at. Ha.

I USE what I own so having something just SITTING IN my purse or ON a table top would not work for me.

Cate
Typos!
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:17 am

Catherine wrote:PS: The CASE one that I liked had a BEAUTIFUL blue/green handle and it was a single blade design called TEXAS TOOTHPICK. Medium size not tiny.

I like single blades in pocket/folding knives but I only OWN/USE BUCK and one Ka-Bar fixed blade knives now due to my hand issues. I don't know if that CASE KNIFE would loosen up a wee bit so I could open it unless I just had it for something to look at. Ha.

I USE what I own so having something just SITTING IN my purse or ON a table top would not work for me.

Cate
Typos!
I searched on the Case site because I was curious to see what a TEXAS TOOTHPICK looked like. Only found one, but don't think it was your choice. But it looked cool. It had a corn cob jigged bright green bone handle, and was displayed under the "John Deere" heading. http://www.wrcase.com/knives/commemoratives/john-deere/ It was a very nice-looking single-blade knife.

Yup, using a knife is a good thing. I came across one person's description of his knife collection, and wondered what he does with the large number of knives he/she owns?? He/she had more than 3800 knives! :shock: Sure would be hard to use all of those!
Catherine wrote:Cate
PS: I like the knife section on here a lot too.
Agreed on that, Cate. I know we are first of all a rifle forum, but I have liked the knife chats a lot, too. There sure is a lot to learn and see in the "world of knives." Again glad Dave opened up these knife sub-forums.

Have a great day!
1 x

~Пока~

Bish1309
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Bish1309 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:52 am

I own a couple of choice knives but not Case.
1 x
Bish

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:27 pm

Bish1309 wrote:I own a couple of choice knives but not Case.
Why don't you post some descripts, photos, and any uses you have for your knives?
Us Henry folk would enjoy seeing them. ;)
1 x

~Пока~

Bish1309
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Bish1309 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:12 pm

PT7 wrote:
Bish1309 wrote:I own a couple of choice knives but not Case.
Why don't you post some descripts, photos, and any uses you have for your knives?
Us Henry folk would enjoy seeing them. ;)

I never thought to do that. I'll get some photos uploaded over the next several days.

They are really nice ones but I don't really use them.

I do have a couple of small pocket knives that I use for opening boxes when UPS, USPS and FedEx arrive. Those have gotten a lot of use lately, if you know what I mean. TEEEHEEEE
1 x
Bish

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:33 pm

Welcome Bish!

It would be cool if you told us about your knives, past or present ones. Take care.

Cate
1 x

Bish1309
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Bish1309 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:01 am

Catherine wrote:Welcome Bish!

It would be cool if you told us about your knives, past or present ones. Take care.

Cate
Thanks, Cate!!

Well, I dug them out tonight and had to clean them up before taking some photos.

Now I know why I don't let myself play with them. I am now the proud wearer of a Curad. :o :evil: :x :oops:

But not to worry, I'm sure the tip of my finger will grow back, eventually. Trigger finger, even.
2 x
Bish