Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Badly Needed Cleaning

tell us about the have to have lure etc
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Badly Needed Cleaning

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:27 pm

After the last two fishing trips, I set to work on badly needed maintenance on my Two Shimano Curado 200E7 Bait Casters and the Shimano Synchopate 1000FG Spinning reel. All needed some attention. :( The Baitcasters were still casting well, but they were clunking when they were reeled. NOT a good thing. ;) The spinning reel is a trigger caster, which meant you could pull a "trigger" to trap the line and open the bail, then reel a full turn to auto-close the bail and begin reeling the lure back. A pure pleasure to fish with.

First up was to clean the two bait casters as they were going to need the most attention. I sat down at the armorer's bench and donned my Optivisor and got busy. Boy, upon closer look, both were filthy, no wonder they were clunking when they were reeled for a retrieve.

I'll say.jpg
I'll say.jpg (142.78 KiB) Viewed 4171 times

If you look at the gunk built up in the drive gear, it's amazing that the dang thing didn't lock up. :P
After some work with the cotton swabs and some rubbing alcohol, I got all the gunk out and the reels were finally clean. I put some oil in the right places and reassembled them both and they hummed like a sewing machine.

cleaned.jpg
cleaned.jpg (116.95 KiB) Viewed 4171 times

Next I took the bail off the spinning rod and cleaned under the hinge points, added oil and reassembled. Worked like a champ.
We are back in bidness. Maybe back in bidness late this afternoon. 8-)
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Badly Needed Cleaning

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:40 pm

Meh... No afternoon fishing.. Pollen count too high for Miss T. Nose running like a faucet with a bad washer. :roll:
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.