Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

my predator bag

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

my predator bag

Post by bandit1250 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:20 pm

The first thing I did this morning was go out and try to kill the porcupines that are eating the roof of my friends deer hunting tower. He said the squirrels were eating it up bad. I didn't get to see any to shoot but I called him when I got home and told him if the squirrels out his place have teeth that size I will take my deer rifle the next time I go. :lol: It is hard to imagine the damage they have done to his tower stand. I will give it a evening try this week. So when I got home I took all my things out of the back pack that only has one big compartment and every thing gets mixed up and hard to find. I moved it to the bag the NRA sent me a couple weeks ago that has a big center compartment and one on each end and a front one. So now I won't have to root around in it to find what I want. Here is the things I carry in my bag in my truck. I also carry a sweat shirt in the bag in case the weather changes. I really like the thing my wife got me that you wear around your waist and put your hands in to keep them warm when sitting waiting. I hate hunting with gloves and now I don't need them except maybe walking in and out.
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: my predator bag

Post by JEBar » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:29 pm

to pack 444's you must have some pretty tough predators in your neck of the woods .... :lol:
1 x

Coach
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Coach » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:43 pm

What are all the electric things? Duck calls etc?
0 x
Deplorable California 2A supporter.

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:07 pm

JEBar wrote:to pack 444's you must have some pretty tough predators in your neck of the woods .... :lol:

I use the 444 Marlin when I am grouchy and want to really ruin a varmints day. ;) :lol: I have killed a coyote and several porcupines with it. I missed a fox with it and he was just a blur getting out of there after I blew a big hole in the ground under his belly. I would like to see Henry make a 444 rifle with a pistol grip like their 45/70. I have more fun with my 444 than all my other center fire Marlins combined shooting cheap pistol bullets for practice.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:27 pm

bandit1250 wrote:I use the 444 Marlin when I am grouchy and want to really ruin a varmints day. ;) :lol: I have killed a coyote and several porcupines with it. I missed a fox with it and he was just a blur getting out of there after I blew a big hole in the ground under his belly. I would like to see Henry make a 444 rifle with a pistol grip like their 45/70. I have more fun with my 444 than all my other center fire Marlins combined shooting cheap pistol bullets for practice.
ruining a varmints day .. :lol: .. talk about an understatement, a round out of a 444 can most certainly ruin the day of most anything its aimed at ... :D
1 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:04 am

Coach wrote:What are all the electric things? Duck calls etc?
The calls are all predator calls and have some different calls on them. If moving around a lot the smaller calls are nice to carry in a pocket and have plenty of volume for the sharp hearing of predators. Next time out I want to try the coon call as we are over run with them around here and day time hunting them would be a different challenge.
1 x