Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Canoe fishing and camping!

Freshwater saltwater Lakes, Ponds, Rivers, Streams talk about the ones that got away. Show us the ones that didn't.
JCN
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Canoe fishing and camping!

Post by JCN » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:33 pm

Did you bring a Henry along just in case??
0 x
Henry Big Boy Steel .357 mag

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:01 pm

Nope. Not much reason for that and legally frowned upon if it's not hunting season.

Like I said not far from DC.
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:18 pm

Well, there is legally frowned upon, and there is haul you off to jail.

In my state, my concealed carry permit will allow me to carry a concealed handgun on a trip like that. Years ago, I wouldn't give it a second thought to take a trip in the woods without a weapon. These days, I don't go in the woods without backup. Guess I'm getting old. Don't relish the idea of wrestling with a large feral hog.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:44 pm

clovishound wrote:
In my state, my concealed carry permit will allow me to carry a concealed handgun on a trip like that.
Unless it's hunting season and one has a hunting license and also complies with hunting regulations, no firearms are allowed on CT state land. Even then, only .22LR and .17HMR calibers are permitted. There are hunting seasons that allow shotguns and muzzleloaders. Concealed carry permission for sidearms, regardless of the caliber, does not extend to state parks or forests. No exceptions.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:28 pm

No such thing as a CCW in MD.
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.