Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

CZ 513 first time out

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

CZ 513 first time out

Post by bandit1250 » Fri May 20, 2016 8:38 am

I shot my friends 513 CZ last Monday evening not at the range but off my porch where I shoot. The first target was the target leaning against my target board. I shot the CCI Standards first. 5 shot groups with the CCI and the Norma Tac. The CCI that look like three shots and 4 shots are 5. It seemed to prefer the lot# marked T59. The T06 not so good in this rifle. The CCI seems to be different from the Norma on how much it shifts impact with the different lot #'. T06 lot was fired last after fouled with the T59 #. I then moved the adjustments on the Leupold scope to get it closer to point of aim. Must have hit it pretty well because before I started shooting I got 2 starlings off my wife's bird feeder. Then I shot the Norma Tac 22. I also shot a group with the Norma match. All Norma targets shot on the target still on my board are 6 shot groups. Looks like it may like the Tac lot# 63p. This little rifle may turn out to be one of my friends favorite to target shoot and hunt squirrel. I still don't like the trigger but he can shoot it and leave it wear in a while. It is about 2 1/2lb but feels harder with that narrow trigger. Had to shim a lot of creep out of it. Hard triggers to work on with this Basic model with non adjustable trigger. Had this trigger on and off the action maybe 40 times bending the strut to take tension off to get the pull down. :shock: Trial and error is the only way to do it. Wish they would have used the 452 trigger. I guess that is why they call them the Basic. :)
Targets shot set at 33 yds.
Here is a picture of the trigger. You can see where I placed the shims under the trigger to reduce the sear engagement. I used air craft grade aluminum tape after degreasing parts with lacquer thinner. I have had this tape on another rifle for 10 years and still holding.
2 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: CZ 513 first time out

Post by ditto1958 » Fri May 20, 2016 8:53 am

Nice shooting :)

Question: could the trigger be replaced with a 452 trigger?
0 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Sat May 21, 2016 9:37 pm

ditto1958 wrote:Nice shooting :)

Question: could the trigger be replaced with a 452 trigger?
The 452 will not fit the 513 Basic. The 513 uses the same bolt and the same magazine as 452's but has completely different machining on the bottom of the action for this goofy set up. I seriously doubt they saved any more than a few dollars per rifle. They sure didn't skimp on the barrel as this one and the one I own will really shoot when you find what they like.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun May 22, 2016 11:41 am

Do they make a wider trigger? I've replaced a few on my 10/22's and it really makes a difference.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Sun May 22, 2016 1:42 pm

Sir Henry wrote:Do they make a wider trigger? I've replaced a few on my 10/22's and it really makes a difference.
Would like to find a trigger shoe to fit. No wider trigger to replace this unless taking a donor trigger and cutting it off and welding one up and then grinding and filing it down to hide the weld. The trigger has a weird shape and trigger shoes I have tried don't match the curve very well. Some day I will get it fixed up to suit me. I believe some hand gun trigger shoes would work with the curve of this models trigger.
0 x