Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Cowgirl Corner: Single actions into single shots

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Cowgirl Corner: Single actions into single shots

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:37 am

I own a Browning Miroku 1886 1 of 3000 45-70. I also have the Browning collector knife that went with it. Its unfired and I catch heck all the time from a good friend about shooting it. It sure is a nice piece and I will try to get a pic up of it soon. Those 1885 single shots are really nice and I have always liked them just never have gathered one up. Al
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:36 pm

I wanted to respond to this thread earlier, but Ok.....

First of all NCG, those guns are absolutely gorgeous.

My first gun was a Win M190. My Second was a Win M70.

The M190, my older sister took with her when she left her loser 1st husband "Larry" in the middle of the night ( so he couldn't shoot her with it) and gave it to me. She died of cancer in 2000 and I gave it to her oldest son.

The M70 i bought I think in '75 at Fields (no longer exist) in Miami for $175. I think at that point they were going out of business.

Yeah, it's the push feed, etc. but it's still my #1 gun and has never in all this time fail to load, fire, or eject. Not one time.

Anyway, my point is that these Mirokus are now the old control feed and as high in quality as any M70's ever made, or so I've heard people say.

Anyway, I can look at NCG's Wins and say they are real Winchesters to me :D
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:41 pm

Thanks, Henry. If Ruger made a No. 1 in rimfire, I'd probably get one for the sake of staying American, but I doubt it would be any better than these Miroku made guns. First rate quality.
0 x