Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Three new 9mm's, well some old new 9mms.

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
DsGrouse
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Three new 9mm's, well some old new 9mms.

Post by DsGrouse » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:32 am

I was at the LGS this week and ran across three pistols sans boxes and paperwork. Each had two mags and was half of what they typically sell for on GB. I couldn't pass them up.

All the shooting took place at my backyard range. The sequence was, draw, fire, fire, and reholster until the mag was empty.

HK USPc at 25 ft, one mag steel and paper targets.
The group is low left, ignore the tear in the target the 2x4 behind it splintered when shooting.

The HK USP compact had the front sight 0.07 off center to the right, maybe that's why the previous owner got rid of it. At fifty yards it was 18 inches to the left. A quick adjustment with my MGW sight adjustment tool and it was centered. I've not had a chance to test it yet, but I will here in the next few days.

P2000 with LEM trigger. The trigger took some getting used to, but i was able to consistently hit my 1/3rd ipsc plates at 50 and 75 yds.
Steel plate and paper targets at 25ft.

PX 4 Storm Full Size. This is a 17-round mag and group.
Steel and paper target at 25ft.
4 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Three new 9mm's, well some old new 9mms.

Post by GFK » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:35 am

Nice shooting!! I could you should be good on pistols, for awhile.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:22 pm

Nice finds and very nice shooting. Congratulations on an interesting assortment of 9mms.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:57 pm

Never owned an HK myself or the SW pistols, but love the SW revolvers and have military special ops and LE friends and fellow shooters that swear by HK... Nice find and good on yah.
Enjoy them. I luck into things now and then too.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:18 pm

Congratulations! Although I'm not a fan of H&K because of there ergonomics, they make one heck of a pistol. Their quality and performance is top notch.

I'm in the process of trying to do some horse trading for a Sig Sauer P320 X5 Legend. This Sig has the sweetest trigger and feel of any full size 9mm I've handled in a long time. I't definitely too big for a carry pistol, but that's not why I'm interested. I'm trying to upgrade my competition pistol and if I get it, I may add some optics, to help my old eyes.

Paul
1 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:35 pm

What do you think of the PX4's rotating barrel? I really like my PX4 Compact Carry but have not shot many other 9mm's so can't really speak to how soft shooting they say the rotating barrel is compared to a tilt up barrel.

Pretty normal 7yd target for me with my PX4, the shot outside of the rings was double action.

Exceptional day, have not been able to come close to repeating it, always manage to pull a few shots.
2 x

DsGrouse
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by DsGrouse » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:52 pm

dave77 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:35 pm
What do you think of the PX4's rotating barrel? I really like my PX4 Compact Carry but have not shot many other 9mm's so can't really speak to how soft shooting they say the rotating barrel is compared to a tilt up barrel.

Pretty normal 7yd target for me with my PX4, the shot outside of the rings was double action.

Exceptional day, have not been able to come close to repeating it, always manage to pull a few shots.
I have an LTT compact carry on order. I'm waiting for it to ship. So far I like the px4. Easy hits on a squirell popper at 70 yds.

As far as it being soft shooting, eh, USP and Danwesson Guardian in 9mm are soft. I'll have to put more rounds through it. I also need to put som talon grip tape on it. It's a bit to slick for my liking.
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:05 am

DsGrouse wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:52 pm

I have an LTT compact carry on order. I'm waiting for it to ship. So far I like the px4. Easy hits on a squirell popper at 70 yds.

As far as it being soft shooting, eh, USP and Danwesson Guardian in 9mm are soft. I'll have to put more rounds through it. I also need to put som talon grip tape on it. It's a bit to slick for my liking.
I sold my PX4 Compact to a friend and upgraded to a LTT Compact Carry a couple of years ago. The Compact had a decent trigger but the LTT's is noticeably better, especially the reset with the enhanced trigger bar. The grip tape does make a big difference too, I modified the Talon Grip a little to allow for the removal of the 2 trigger group pins.

Here's a couple of videos from Langdon. One is for installing his "trigger job in a bag" but it shows the easy way to remove the trigger group for deep cleaning and lubing. The other shows Langdon's method of lubing, I prefer using a little bit of good gun grease on the slide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQum92bi5J8

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxaJUm2n5FQ/
1 x