Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Holosun SCS and Glock 19

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
Centaur
Cowhand
United States of America

Holosun SCS and Glock 19

Post by Centaur » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:45 pm

Put one of these optics on my Glock 19 a couple of weeks ago. They are a breeze to set up as it co witnesses with the iron (plastic) sights on the pistol. I had done some shooting with the setup at typical pistol ranges (10-15 yards), but yesterday I shot out to 50 yards, and was very pleased with how I was consistently hitting gallon jugs with what for me is rapid fire double taps. I have to say that this green dot setup has instantly improved my pistol shooting.
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Re: Holosun SCS and Glock 19

Post by GunnyGene » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:10 pm

Centaur wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:45 pm
Put one of these optics on my Glock 19 a couple of weeks ago. They are a breeze to set up as it co witnesses with the iron (plastic) sights on the pistol. I had done some shooting with the setup at typical pistol ranges (10-15 yards), but yesterday I shot out to 50 yards, and was very pleased with how I was consistently hitting gallon jugs with what for me is rapid fire double taps. I have to say that this green dot setup has instantly improved my pistol shooting.
Yep, got one on my G-34. I wasn't dot guy until a year or ago, but I'm a new (old) man now. :D ;) Don't forget to charge it up periodically. ;)
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Centaur
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Centaur » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:22 pm

This one has a tiny solar charger built in; it takes care of itself. Pretty advanced stuff for an old fart like me.
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:50 pm

Centaur wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:22 pm
This one has a tiny solar charger built in; it takes care of itself. Pretty advanced stuff for an old fart like me.
I know, but if you leave it on for an extended period in a safe or other dark place (10,000 hrs or so), it will drain the battery. Which could be a problem if you need to use it at 2am to discourage an invader. I leave mine on and set it in a sunny window for a few hours about once a month. :)
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.