Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Range Report: lazy days

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Range Report: lazy days

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:48 am

I’m shooting more but don’t always post about it. It’s hard to make a few tubes of rimfire offhand at a 12” trap sound interesting. Especially when it’s the same thing everyday.

With temperatures in the teens it tears my eyes and makes my vision clearer. I have 31 days till my first cataract surgery.

This is my view. Even though it’s before sunrise and fairly dark I can see the targets better because they aren’t backlit.
E4367193-8A56-4A34-8E7A-6850BE7972A5.jpeg
E4367193-8A56-4A34-8E7A-6850BE7972A5.jpeg (5.06 MiB) Viewed 531 times
Yes I’m lazy and don’t even have to put my shoes on. I just step five feet out the door wearing my house slippers.
CB8CD2F6-506A-44D9-B0D3-96B0F96521C6.jpeg
CB8CD2F6-506A-44D9-B0D3-96B0F96521C6.jpeg (3.74 MiB) Viewed 531 times
A better picture of just the traps and gongs. I did good hitting the trap 30 out of 30 tries offhand. I go inside to load and don’t cycle the lever till I’m outside again.
710C5EDE-3196-450C-AB35-0AC2AA7B7A09.jpeg
710C5EDE-3196-450C-AB35-0AC2AA7B7A09.jpeg (4.13 MiB) Viewed 531 times
5 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Range Report: lazy days

Post by Hatchdog » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:00 am

“ It’s hard to make a few tubes of rimfire offhand at a 12” trap sound interestin”

:lol: :lol:

As long as you are enjoying it, right?

I’ms assuming your shooting via irons as your (excellent) reloading process would wreck havoc on a scope with fogging. :lol: Your range is looking great with the white background.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:28 am

very nice looking range
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:20 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:00 am
“ It’s hard to make a few tubes of rimfire offhand at a 12” trap sound interestin”

:lol: :lol:

As long as you are enjoying it, right?

I’ms assuming your shooting via irons as your (excellent) reloading process would wreck havoc on a scope with fogging. :lol: Your range is looking great with the white background.
Yes I was using iron sights. My winter scoped rifles are magazine fed and I can load several before going outside. Speaking of condensation I often will case a rifle outside when it’s cold and then not open it for an hour or more once inside. It’s not so important here when the temperature is in the teens here because even inside the air is so dry there is little condensation.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:40 am

I do understand about how to make a range report interesting and show results when you can't supply paper targets. It's one of several reasons I don't post more on my backyard range shooting, since most of that is shooting steel. It's hard to pack up the car and head to the club range the other side of town, though, and be able to shoot only 30 minutes before the hands get too cold. Staying at home to shoot in cold weather and being able to step right back indoors to coffee and a warm up is a huge plus. :)

And for those of you who are not north woods cheeseheads like Gene and I, that little bit of snow cover going into mid December is a bit alarming for the winter snow sports folks up here. Winter snow sports are a big part of the economy up here.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:56 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:40 am
I do understand about how to make a range report interesting and show results when you can't supply paper targets. It's one of several reasons I don't post more on my backyard range shooting, since most of that is shooting steel. It's hard to pack up the car and head to the club range the other side of town, though, and be able to shoot only 30 minutes before the hands get too cold. Staying at home to shoot in cold weather and being able to step right back indoors to coffee and a warm up is a huge plus. :)

And for those of you who are not north woods cheeseheads like Gene and I, that little bit of snow cover going into mid December is a bit alarming for the winter snow sports folks up here. Winter snow sports are a big part of the economy up here.
No real snow is the talk of the town. Last year this time we had a foot and at the peak in March we had three feet on the level and five feet in drifts.
0 x