Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Range Report: a clean barrel

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Range Report: a clean barrel

Post by PT7 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:33 pm

Thanks, SH, for your suggestion. I plan on contacting Henry tomorrow.

BTW, I special-ordered my bronze Skinner peep from Andy. I'm hoping that if Henry doesn't sell the brass cover now, they might also do a special order. Can't hurt asking'! :)

Sir Henry wrote:
PT7 wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:PT7, the receiver cover also has an antique finish which adds to the appearance. A few years ago Henry sold Brasslite receiver covers for the H001. It would look great with your bronze Skinner peep. I have one on a Frontier and a tang. Its dark now but in the morning I'll take a picture of it in natural light and post it.

Do you know if Henry still would sell a brass receiver cover for my SGC H001TLP? I'd really consider that....
Any H001 receiver cover will fit any H001. But I don't think they sell the H001 Brasslite cover anymore. If they did the cover would fit your H001TLP but you would need to drill and tap it for the Skinner mount. You might want to call them on Monday as I'm really just guessing on the lack of availability.
0 x

~Пока~

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:57 pm

My CZ 452 barrel is now squeaky clean. Now, next time I get to the range it will probably not hit the broad side of the barn. :)
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:12 pm

Stop shooting at those pesky barns, Ditto. They're all over the place. Aim for the paper targets! They stay put and love it when they're hit!
3 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:26 pm

ditto1958 wrote:My CZ 452 barrel is now squeaky clean. Now, next time I get to the range it will probably not hit the broad side of the barn. :)
Your 452 should be able to hit the narrow side. But keep in mind you have to do it ten times in a row for it to count. :D
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:41 pm

ditto1958 wrote:My CZ 452 barrel is now squeaky clean. Now, next time I get to the range it will probably not hit the broad side of the barn. :)
You may have to shoot from inside the barn to hit after cleaning. :shock: ;)
2 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:02 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
Your 452 should be able to hit the narrow side. But keep in mind you have to do it ten times in a row for it to count. :D
Today at the range I couldn't hit anything one time in a row. So I switched to the Marlin 30-30 and plinked away for a bit at some steel swingers. I did put a few 30-30's on a paper target and concluded that if it had been a deer it would have been a dead deer.

The range isn't open again until Wednesday. That's probably a good thing.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:01 pm

bandit1250 wrote:
Now that is thinking outside the barn.
2 x

barbinc
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by barbinc » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:07 am

Good evening Sir Henry.
I am relatively new to this forum and just purchased model TLB, I put a scope ( these old eyes can't see irons); on it and a comb raising kit. What is acceptable accuracy @ 25 and 50 yds. once I have found the right ammo? I've been long range center fire shooter for some time but I realize I'm stuck with finding the right ammo since I can't reload. Any thought or help you can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your prompt awnser
Barbinc (Mike)

P.S. Merry Christmas
0 x
ALWAYS aim small hit small...CAN NO LONGER SEE SMALL

Hitman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hitman » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:32 am

bandit1250 wrote:
When you get inside the barn make sure to close the door then you can't miss.
1 x
Henry H004 Golden Boy
Henry H006 Big Boy 44
Henry H010B 45-70
NRA Benefactor Member

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:44 am

barbinc wrote:Good evening Sir Henry.
I am relatively new to this forum and just purchased model TLB, I put a scope ( these old eyes can't see irons); on it and a comb raising kit. What is acceptable accuracy @ 25 and 50 yds. once I have found the right ammo? I've been long range center fire shooter for some time but I realize I'm stuck with finding the right ammo since I can't reload. Any thought or help you can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your prompt awnser
Barbinc (Mike)

P.S. Merry Christmas
I would say an inch at 25 yards and two inches at 50 yards would be acceptable. Granted a bolt action CZ would be a quarter that size but a Henry isn't a CZ but on the other hand a CZ isn't a Henry. I did a comparison of a Henry against a bolt CZ and the Henry won with speed.

On the other hand you can get down to less than an inch at times with the right ammo. Try some Norma Tac22.
1 x