Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Tuesday at the range

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Tuesday at the range

Post by bandit1250 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:54 am

Took a break from all the yard work and went to the range. Wife took her CZ Trainer and I took my Remington 540 XR and my 512- X with the really nice wood. We took the KYL spinner target with the eight different size spinners. I changed the spinner size to smaller ones starting with the 1/12" instead of 2" and each one goes down a 1/4" as you work down . The last three are now two 1/4" and the last is an 1/8". My wife started shooting while I was getting ready. She shot no fouling shots and went right to shooting the spinners. She really got my attention when she hit all eight with eight shots and then started at the first one again and ran all eight again one shot each. So I watched as she started shooting the third time and she ran 5 for 5 before her first miss and that was the 1/4" but she did finish that string with 8 hits for 9 shots. I felt like maybe I should just put my rifles back in the truck and just be entertained watching her. I did end up shooting but I didn't do as well as her until I shot the Remington 540 XR. The 540 Rem target rifles can make someone like me almost shoot as well as my wife. :o :lol:
8 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Tuesday at the range

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:35 am

Nice shooting Mrs. Bandit.

Okay you did good too Mr. Bandit.

Fun day at the range for you both
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:07 pm

Ive always said watch out for a woman who likes to shoot because she will out shoot most men. Nice shooting Mrs Bandit
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:19 am

Excuse me for laughing. The same thing has happened to me a few times.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:27 am

Mrs. BOM never outshoots me, she doesn't invest the time... but fishing, that's a sad story... :?
Great shooting for both, and a day on the range is always a good day.
Mrs. BOM can shoot, don't get me wrong... :lol:
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:30 am

Now was that target 1/4 inch diameter or 1 1/4 diameter? Anyway sounds like your wife has her shooting skills down really well!
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:16 am

Nice work, bandit. I'm the shooting teacher in our house, but my husband Bill is a good student. :)
1 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:18 am

fortyshooter wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:30 am
Now was that target 1/4 inch diameter or 1 1/4 diameter? Anyway sounds like your wife has her shooting skills down really well!
From lt-rt-- 1 1/2"--1 1/4"-- 1"-- 3/4"-- 1/2"-- 1/4"--1/4"--1/8" I changed the spinner sizes to make it more of a challenge. They did start at 2" and go down 1/4" in size for each one. The 1/8" is the tough one. The day we shot this we shot at 47 yards due to soggy conditions at the 50 yard mark. I am proud of my wife's shooting ability. Most male shooters at the range say they wouldn't want to shoot against her. The guys that shoot bench rest competition are in another world with their expensive rifles and powerful scopes and high priced adjustable rests she would be in way over her head against those guys. My wife and I do it to enjoy our time at the range and not make it like a job. Shooting factory stock rifles and average powered scopes shooting off old home made sand bags I think she would hang in there pretty well with 90+% of the guys I see shooting at our club range. One of these trips to the range I will let her shoot my Remington 540X with the Leupold 16X scope and see how she shoots with that one. For now her rifle of choice is the 452 Trainer that I tuned her trigger to 7 oz. and tuned the action hold down screws to where it shot the best groups. Probably in the top three sporter barrel rifles in our house. Didn't mean to write a book. :lol: bandit
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:28 pm

With you all the way on how the two of you shoot and the rifles that you use. I suspect it's the way most of us on this forum shoot. True bench rest is a very specialized form of shooting. If we wanted to compete, we'd have to travel a long way just to find folks that shoot bench rest. Nope, all of our guns have a hunting/sporter class pedigree. At my age, I just don't have any interest in lugging big and heavy guns around, anymore.
1 x