Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A little rimfire, mostly airguns

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

A little rimfire, mostly airguns

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:15 pm

I had the urge to get one of our 1885 Low Wall 22s out, today, and shoot some 22 Short CBs at 30 yards to keep the noise at the level of my airguns. Not what I had hoped for as far as accuracy, but I always enjoy shooting the 1885, so still fun.

Guess I was a little frustrated, so I replaced the rimfire with one of my air rifles. This was the CZ 200T, a modestly priced PCP target rifle that never lets me down for accuracy.

After one warm up target, shot this almost perfect 5 shot group. Just pulled that one up a little high and left.

Headed back in the house and got the itch to shoot some more, so I stepped out on the deck with my "Izzy" (Baikal IZH-46M) to do some pistol shooting from the standing position at 25 yards, up off the deck.

Not my best and not my worst, but good enough to scratch my pistol shooting itch.

Yeah, for my needs, airguns cover it all from up close at 10 meters all the way out to 50 yards. I'm not hunting or shooting for self-defense; just shooting paper and steel for the love of shooting. Takes my very best rimfire target rifles or rimfire pistols to keep up and even then, I'd still bet on the air guns. These are some serious air guns, of course, not your Wally World wonders.
6 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: A little rimfire, mostly airguns

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:06 pm

Great shooting both rifle and pistol. Keep posting range reports as it doesn’t matter the caliber. A good report is a good report.

I thought I would be shooting more airguns here. I certainly started out that way and then once I went to rimfire I stuck with it for the most part. Maybe because I can shoot on my own property without the neighbors hearing it. My biggest concern is not to scare the wildlife especially the birds.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:51 pm

Those are some very impressive airguns, and some very impressive shooting!!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:29 pm

Thanks guys. Yeah, these two air guns are very quiet. Some, though, are actually fairly loud.
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:15 pm

I looked up those guns, very impressive. Nice shooting on your part. Looks like either gun would be hard to come by these days.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:33 am

Those are some serious airguns and impressive targets.
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:16 am

Great report on the air guns! Don't worry about gun noise scaring wildlife. Always great deer hunting around my range property and with folks shooting on their ranges the animals still hang around. Put plenty of birdseed in feeders and they will come back. For rifles there is always the silent treatment and my 45 Colt X Model is quieter than an air rifle except when the big slug hits something hard! :lol:
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:49 am

Those two air guns have been discontinued or at least in the case of the CZ, no longer being imported into this country. The Izzy, though, long ago vanished in the U.S. with sanctions against Russia. I got mine from an old forum member friend, TGR, who some of us knew back in the old days.

The Izzy is actually a competitive single pump pneumatic 10m air pistol that can hold its own in accuracy with the much more expensive PCP pistols that now own the sport. Ugly as sin, but an amazing shooter.

When I say these are modestly priced, it's in comparison to the top end 10m rifles and pistols that run well north of 2K. The air guns you see being used in the Olympics are even more expensive and some of the most sophisticated guns made.

No worries about the noise scaring wildlife around here. Our deer are very aggressive when it comes to any free meal. We've actually had them waiting in line to eat the leaves on trees that we were cutting up with the chain saw running full blast.
0 x