Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Range Report: did someone say CZ

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Range Report: did someone say CZ

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:41 am

That's a great group with that CZ American, Gene. Congrats.

John has a good point on the lead issue. I always wash my hands after handling pellets. The science says that most of the residue on your hands from handling pellets is actually the lubricant, not lead, but I still don't take chances.

I get similar advice on staying hydrated from my doctor since I am out riding bikes so much. All the exercise experts say if you wait till you are thirsty to hydrate when exposed to extreme conditions or when exercising, it's too late. You need to make it a point of staying hydrated on a regular basis.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:20 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:41 am
That's a great group with that CZ American, Gene. Congrats.

John has a good point on the lead issue. I always wash my hands after handling pellets. The science says that most of the residue on your hands from handling pellets is actually the lubricant, not lead, but I still don't take chances.

I get similar advice on staying hydrated from my doctor since I am out riding bikes so much. All the exercise experts say if you wait till you are thirsty to hydrate when exposed to extreme conditions or when exercising, it's too late. You need to make it a point of staying hydrated on a regular basis.
Sometimes I’ve handled so much ammo my fingers are black. When I shoot and eat I always make sure I wash my hands. I’m more concerned with airborne lead. It’s one reason I don’t like indoor ranges. Wades indoor range in Bellevue was inspected one time and there so not only lead in the air but it was on everything in the store. Big lawsuit and I’m not sure how it turned out. I never cared for the store because the employees were all know-it-alls.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:56 pm

Great shooting and a wonderful place to do it Gene!
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:54 pm

fortyshooter wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:56 pm
Great shooting and a wonderful place to do it Gene!
Thanks forty I love it here.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:35 am

Sir Henry wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:20 pm

Sometimes I’ve handled so much ammo my fingers are black. When I shoot and eat I always make sure I wash my hands. I’m more concerned with airborne lead. It’s one reason I don’t like indoor ranges. Wades indoor range in Bellevue was inspected one time and there so not only lead in the air but it was on everything in the store. Big lawsuit and I’m not sure how it turned out. I never cared for the store because the employees were all know-it-alls.
https://projects.seattletimes.com/2014 ... th-lead/2/

That was a horrible situation, with guys operating heavy equipment to bust up the vast sand berm and remove 350,000 pounds of spent bullets, literally in a huge cloud of lead dust.

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x