Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

P-365 final sight in

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

P-365 final sight in

Post by GunnyGene » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:22 pm

I bought this tiny little Sig almost exactly 2 years ago for carry, but haven't shot it much. Yesterday and today, I put some backyard range time in with it, and finally got the P365 under control. A couple things were giving me grief. The XS big dot sights I put on a while back, require a totally different sight picture than what I've always been accustomed to. I knew that when I bought them, but my eyes & brain had to be retrained for them. And the "snappyness" of this little gun took some getting used to. Anyway, here's the FINAL (I hope) sight in target from today. 8 in the red, 4 in the head. :)

5 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

DsGrouse
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: P-365 final sight in

Post by DsGrouse » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:41 pm

I felt the same way when i shot the 365, but my 365 xl is a different story. A full grip and a slightly longer barrel make it much easier to handle. Did you have the extended magazine? Maybe the extra finger on the grip will tame it down for you? That is some nice shooting. For such a small gun it does have some pretty good accuracy.
0 x

zara_puppy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by zara_puppy » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:24 am

Yep - the little critters are pretty good shooters. And that is some fine shootin' right there. Try some 147 grain rounds in the 365. Takes some of the snap out of the shot - then it's more of a push. At least I find it easier to shoot with the heavier bullets. Your mileage may vary.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:48 am

Looks like the shooter and pistol were doing their job. The target isn’t going to walk away.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:34 am

zara_puppy wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:24 am
Yep - the little critters are pretty good shooters. And that is some fine shootin' right there. Try some 147 grain rounds in the 365. Takes some of the snap out of the shot - then it's more of a push. At least I find it easier to shoot with the heavier bullets. Your mileage may vary.
You're right about heavier ammo. I have 135grn & 147 grn JHP 9mm that I prefer for carry purposes, but the cheap ball ammo for the shootin' stump is easier on my wallet. Fixed income and all that. :)

A little comment on the B-27 (12"x18") target itself. These are very popular, and useful for sighting in and group size info, but aren't really a very good training/practice target. For that I tend to dispense with traditional targets altogether, and use old clothing (shirts, left over halloween masks, etc.) which are easily and cheaply available at yard sales/Salvation army, etc. if you don't have your own collection of worn out stuff. Shirts can be stuffed with old newsprint, straw, etc. scare crow style and variously positioned for more realistic targeting. Hanging it from a tree branch if there's a light breeze will also impart some motion to simulate a realistic SD encounter. :)
2 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:12 pm

Great shooting with the P 365! My son has had one for a while and has added a red dot sight. It is a very handy and great shooting 9mm pistol.
Son and I did well with it on my birthday shoot!
Attachments
aiming at small dot Chad got it where he wants it.jpg
aiming at small dot Chad got it where he wants it.jpg (153.69 KiB) Viewed 410 times
I took a few shots with it and nice group   easy to shoot.jpg
I took a few shots with it and nice group easy to shoot.jpg (151.27 KiB) Viewed 410 times
0 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:31 pm

P365 is an excellent pistol for carry and fun shooting. My son is a big fan of Sig pistols and sold off all his Glocks to get Sigs. For me I just could never warm up to Sig triggers. I've owned several Sig's and sold them off after about 2 years trying to like them. I guess I'm just a diehard Glock fanboy.

Good shooting Gunny. Looks like you got that Sig zero'd in.

Paul
1 x

DsGrouse
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by DsGrouse » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:59 pm

I have a variety of sigs, mostly the old DA/SA guns. A few x5 single actions. My only striker fired gun is my 365xl. I like the sigs, and think glocks are fine guns. I don't own any, I've shot plenty, but never owned one.
0 x