Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Another cheap target idea.........

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Another cheap target idea.........

Post by fortyshooter » Tue May 24, 2022 11:00 am

Have a bunch of 5/8 th thick cardboard from neighbors throw aways so wanted to make up a torso knock over.

Had couple old hinges from another target and screwed them down to some lumber scraps. Used a paper target I had for the template and cut it out of the heavy cardboard. You just attach the target to hinge with a zip tie and target should fall back when hit. Target adjusted with a touch of forward lean. Will give these two bad guys a shot or two soon!
Attachments
cardboard knock over targets.jpg
cardboard knock over targets.jpg (84.49 KiB) Viewed 387 times
clip zip tie to replace target.jpg
clip zip tie to replace target.jpg (103.93 KiB) Viewed 387 times
target zip tied to hinge.jpg
target zip tied to hinge.jpg (125.82 KiB) Viewed 387 times
4 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Another cheap target idea.........

Post by Sir Henry » Tue May 24, 2022 7:01 pm

Me likes!
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Wed May 25, 2022 10:22 am

Be interesting to see if the cardboard offers enough resistance to engage the hinge. Great idea and those guys both look evil. They need some tending to.
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu May 26, 2022 11:39 pm

Nice going Forty. Always coming up with something sweet.
Something I did for years...

Go to the dollar store and buy the cheapo paper plates that come in packages of 50 or 100, the really, really, thin ones that no one ever wants to eat off of, even if you have the wicker holder thingees. They make GREAT targets. 8" ones simulate plate racks well, or you can scatter them around the range, and write numbers or letters on them to make students shoot the ones you call out. OR make them shoot All But the one you call out.

And how about those Margarine , Whipped Cream, cottage cheese... all those containers we accumulate? Once the boss no longer saves the tubs and lids for whatever SHE is using them for, keep the lids. I use them in the woodshop as pallets to mix epoxy and paints on, but also on the range. They are great self sealing targets, for free. (with .22s) :roll: They don't self seal so well with larger calibers but still make nice targets. Tack them in the center of cardboard and boom. Target. Hang them from a wire with a couple hooks, swinging target. Hang them with a piece of string, spinning target.

However, I recommend ONE pretest. Fold them in half before you bother saving them. The cheapo ones that crack... use them to mix paint or epoxy on if you like, or toss them. :lol: Not worth wasting the time to hang as a target, they disintegrate on the first shot... :evil:
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.