Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Ruger Air Hawk Elite II & Crosman 1322

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Ruger Air Hawk Elite II & Crosman 1322

Post by bandit1250 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:53 am

Cold here this morning so I decided to shoot the air guns in the basement at 10 meters. My friend gave me a Ruger Air Hawk to shoot. I used the 1" orange stick on targets with the black diamond in the center. The Ruger made in China by Umarex is hard to cock and accuracy with it is terrible at about 1 1/4" at 10 meters from a not very good rest on the back of a chair. Then I tried the Crosman 1322 22 cal. with the rifle stock on it using the same rest with the peep sight hole blade. Pumped 5 pumps. The first shot with it cut the lower right edge of the black diamond and all the of the other shots chewed the black diamond out of the center. I would rather pump 5 pumps in the Crosman any time than cock that springer. I have very bad luck with China made products and that seems to never change when I buy their junk. I never buy their scopes and will not buy any air gun made by them. I will save up and get a HW or a TX200 Air Arms. I may just buy a Crosman 1362 pump up until I find what I want in a good brand of springer. I have some doubt that the Crosman 362 will shoot as well as this 1322 shoots with the cheap Crosman pellets from Walmart I am shooting right now. Maybe I would only gain a better sight radius with the 362. In all honesty I have had more fyn with the 1322 since adding the rifle stock than any air rifle I have had except a Benjamin 22 pump up I bought in the early '60's. I loved that old Benjamin and no chipmunks were safe from that great little air rifle.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Ruger Air Hawk Elite II & Crosman 1322

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:16 pm

I have a HW 95 Field Pro and a HW 97. Both are 22cal and both have Hawke scopes on them. They are great rifles Bandit. The 97 is a little heavier for off hand shooting but I dont mind it to much. I know NCG likes hers but she shoots it from the bench because its to heavy for her to shoot off hand and I understand that. Bought both of mine from Airguns of AZ they are great people to do business with.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by leverjc » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:16 pm

I have a 392 that I shoot at least 4 times a week down my hallway. I put a Williams peep on it. It will make one 3/8 inch hole at 25 feet when I shoot from a bog stick. Air rifles are a lot of fun and good practice when the weather is bad.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:57 pm

My first ever airgun I shot was an old Benjamin 317 pump up with all the finish worn off, so all brass. A neighbor lent it to us kids to shoot around the neighborhood and we had a ball. Much different times, back then, of course.

My most accurate pumpers are actually my early to mid 90s vintage Benjamin 397 pumps made just before and just after Crosman bought Benjamin, back when the 397s had walnut stocks and the old style tang safety. One of our vintage 397Ps is PCP accurate.

Nothing against Crosman, but don't confuse these vintage Benjamins with the Benjamin 397/392s later made by Crosman after the Crosman buyout of Benjamin circa 1993. These pre-Crosman Benjamins were made by the original Benjamin company right in Racine, Wisconsin, in the same factory where Benjamin continued to build Sheridans after buying out Sheridan in the mid-70s. I promise you, you will notice a difference in construction quality with the 397/392 guns after Crosman started making them.
2 x