Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Almost perfect

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Almost perfect

Post by bandit1250 » Sat May 15, 2021 10:38 am

Went to the range yesterday and the weather was as near perfect as I have seen for a couple weeks. Very light winds when there was any at all. I took three rifles and four different brands of ammo. Two Remington 540's and a CZ Grand Finale 452 which I call GF #5. It is my last bought GF and is one of the consecutive numbered rifles with GF #3. Ammo was RWS rifle, SK Plus, Geco rifle and some CCI standard. All three rifles shot well but the surprise was how close the CZ GF was to the Remington Target models. If the CZ had a wider fore end for a more steady hold and more weight it could possibly be even better. Takes more concentration on hold and trigger squeeze along with good follow through to be consistent with it. The Remingtons are a lot easier to hold steady off the sand bags and the faster lock time of the 540's is a benefit to help the accuracy. The ammo mostly showed the SK as the best followed by RWS then Geco and CCI last. One very good lot number of CCI standard shot several groups in the CZ that were 1/4- 5/16". That shocked me. The Remington's were good with CCI but the bolt really closes tight on the "fat" CCI with the Remington match chambers. Overall in the Rem's the other ammos were better than CCI. It was older CCI standard that ended up hid behind other ammo and forgot I even had it. It will now be kept just for GF #5 at the range. I will be sad when those three bricks are gone. I will be a little stingy using this lot number up. May have to try some other lots of CCI I have on hand to see if the CZ is one that is a CCI ammo shooter. I can't see any of it shooting better with the shooter and the set up being the limit on the shooting from home made bags and no fancy rifle rest. It sure was a fun day and could only have been better if my wife would have been there shooting along side of me with her Grand Finale.
3 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Almost perfect

Post by JEBar » Sat May 15, 2021 10:50 am

NICE .... days like that are a treasure
1 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Almost perfect

Post by Headhog » Sat May 15, 2021 5:48 pm

Fantastic. Wonderful to hear you had such a great day at the range. Next time twist your wife's arm (gently) to join you.

Paul
0 x