Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Range Report: 1,500 bb’s

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Range Report: 1,500 bb’s

Post by Sir Henry » Fri May 14, 2021 1:07 pm

I just finished a 1500 round can of bb’s in the last month. From that can and others I must be around 2,000 rounds. About three weeks ago all I did was shoot sun up to sun set and must admit I was getting good. Then projects got in the way and although I was still shooting I lost that magic.

Lately I’m concentrating more and getting better again. Concentration and discipline is what it takes. I’m not going to learn something that all of a sudden makes me accurate. I know what to do. I just need to do it.

In the next month I still have the laundry room to finish but will continue to shoot everyday.
5 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Range Report: 1,500 bb’s

Post by BigAl52 » Fri May 14, 2021 10:43 pm

Work will always be there but fun wont. Stop and take time for the fun it will not be there one day
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri May 14, 2021 11:08 pm

if you don't have some already, it sounds like you could sure use a target with a BB trap .... :D ... once you have the fundamentals down, practice will bring them back .... congrats
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sat May 15, 2021 9:46 am

Sir Henry wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:07 pm
I just finished a 1500 round can of bb’s in the last month. From that can and others I must be around 2,000 rounds. About three weeks ago all I did was shoot sun up to sun set and must admit I was getting good. Then projects got in the way and although I was still shooting I lost that magic.

Lately I’m concentrating more and getting better again. Concentration and discipline is what it takes. I’m not going to learn something that all of a sudden makes me accurate. I know what to do. I just need to do it.

In the next month I still have the laundry room to finish but will continue to shoot everyday.
True: practice, practice, practice. That is my hope as well. But as note, other things raise their head, in this thing called life.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat May 15, 2021 6:47 pm

Don't let other things raise their head. Shooting is doing, not thinking. Practice allows you to do every step on auto so you don't have to think, you just shoot. When you focus on one step out of all that are needed, you steal some concentration from the 100% you need on the sight picture. You miss. Sight picture, then give the metal command to shoot, then right back to sight picture. The trigger squeeze will take care of itself.

This clearing of the mind when you have the shooting routine down is why I find shooting to be such great therapy. Very much like my beloved mountain biking. If I think about anything but the trail in front of me, I pay the price. Sometimes it hurts, too. :)
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun May 16, 2021 6:11 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:47 pm
Don't let other things raise their head. Shooting is doing, not thinking. Practice allows you to do every step on auto so you don't have to think, you just shoot. When you focus on one step out of all that are needed, you steal some concentration from the 100% you need on the sight picture. You miss. Sight picture, then give the metal command to shoot, then right back to sight picture. The trigger squeeze will take care of itself.

This clearing of the mind when you have the shooting routine down is why I find shooting to be such great therapy. Very much like my beloved mountain biking. If I think about anything but the trail in front of me, I pay the price. Sometimes it hurts, too. :)
Muscle memory keeps my sights near target and it’s the discipline of pulling the trigger at the right time is where I usually fail. Stopping when I fail and restarting fresh 15 minutes later sure helps. The reward of a successful shot is another shot.

I’m not sure why pulling a weed or two in between helps. Sometimes I’ll ride my bike up the street and back, water or pull weeds for 10 minutes and then shoot for as long as I can stay on target. Then repeat the bike, weed, shoot routine.

I tend to have a two-day work week with five day weekends. I’m getting very little done but enjoying every second of it.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater