Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Beretta 92fs

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Beretta 92fs

Post by RetiredSeabee » Fri May 27, 2016 9:21 pm

I was working in Atlanta this week and found a really good indoor range with one of my list of guns to try.
I am impressed with this gun and can see why the military chose it for so long.
It does have a pretty large grip and felt good in my hand. So I can see why the military is looking for a model with a more adaptable size.
The only thing I did not particularly like is the position of the safety/de-cocker. And the safety pushes up not down. It is not a natural movement for me.
The double action trigger pull was very long but very smooth no stacking just smooth all the way to a very crisp break. I did tend to throw that first shot with each magazine low and right. So more trigger time would help. I could have shot everything single action but chose to shoot each first round DA.
I wasn't trying for accuracy but for feel and shoot ability. And to see if It would work as a home defense type of gun.
I was kind of hoping that I would not like this gun and would be able to scratch it off the list.
But it is still on the list as a contender.

All shots at 7 yards a total of 50 rounds. They only gave me one ten round magazine and I loaded it full for the first 40 rounds then the last ten rounds were 5 each.
My best group was a big surprise the last 5 rounds. The first round DA went low but not by a lot, then three in the X ring and one just outside.

1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Beretta 92fs

Post by Sir Henry » Fri May 27, 2016 9:28 pm

Nice shooting. I have one that is marked M9. It fits my hand perfect but isn't exactly the perfect carry firearm. But it makes a great open carry one.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater