Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

no driving tacks today

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

no driving tacks today

Post by bandit1250 » Wed May 25, 2016 2:18 pm

Yesterday I worked at some yard chores while the wind was blowing and couldn't shoot my CZ back in that I had "loaned" the scope off it to a friend. At around 6 PM it got really calm and I put the bags on my bench and got the CZ 513 out of my room. Set the target at 33yds. with the yard still saturated from the rain. I for got how many clicks I had moved it when I had it on his rifle so I bore sighted it and fired a couple shots at the 22yd. pellet rifle target. I then shot a single bulls eye target I put on the edge of my target board and got it dead on. With it being so calm I punched six holes in a thick piece of card board and pushed empty 22 casings in the holes for targets. When sighted in on a bulls eye my rifles will usually need tweaked a little on scope adjustments when changing to tacks or empty 22's. One of those deals where you better sight in with the target you plan on shooting if you want to be consistent hitting small targets. Shot the first casing in the upper right and two in a row were at the bottom of the empty. I moved it up three clicks then back down one. Scopes seem to move more precise using the move it one farther than you want then back one. The next shot was a good hit. Hit the top row all but one and needed two rounds for it. I needed two rounds to hit the last on the bottom right. I also hit one on the edge but still put it threw the cardboard side ways. I was satisfied with the results for a cheap rifle and a 2-7 scope. CCI Standards for ammo. The rifle with the 2-7 Leupold. The card board is thick and the empties stay in well until hit.
6 hits with 9 shots. My wife says maybe I need practice. I believe it is because she works me to hard. :lol: That's my story and I am sticking to it. ;)
1 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Re: no driving tacks today

Post by RanchRoper » Wed May 25, 2016 3:27 pm

Good job. I'd be happy with that.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Wed May 25, 2016 3:54 pm

I could live with that!
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed May 25, 2016 3:59 pm

I think you have stepped up from tacks to pins. Great shooting again sir.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed May 25, 2016 5:31 pm

CZ's are amazing rifles. I'm moving this thread to the Range Reports.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater