Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Wife to the range

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
Mr. Neutron
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Wife to the range

Post by Mr. Neutron » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:16 pm

Mine likes to shoot her Ruger .22/45, and the Umarex Lever Action BB gun. She doesn't like my little Ruger .380 LCP Max, and I really don't blame her for that. I don't enjoy shooting it much either. Not the most accurate handgun I own, but that's not really it's "mission"..... She does like the .22 Golden Boy, and can actually shoot and hit with my Kimber .45 and some light Action Pistol loads. She just isn't able to rack the slide on that gun.....

Here's kind of an interesting progression of her shooting her .22/45. She had shots pretty much strung vertically up the target, and forgot that I was adjusting the rear sight down and right after each little 5-6 shot grouping. She was kinda bummed about the overall spread of the group.
IMG_0481.JPG
IMG_0481.JPG (5.56 MiB) Viewed 224 times

You can't see her smile in the next photo, but she was much more pleased when I reminded her that I had adjusted the rear sight, and her last group was much closer to the target center.

IMG_0483.JPG
IMG_0483.JPG (6.57 MiB) Viewed 224 times

She's a really good shot with the BB gun, and likes shootin' that one.

IMG_0492.JPG
IMG_0492.JPG (3.6 MiB) Viewed 224 times

I have noticed one thing about shooting with her. To her, shooting is more of a "conditional" type of deal. She's not a fan of shooting in cold weather, which for us, is almost all we've had lately. It's snowing as I type this. I can't wait for something like a 60* day to let her shoot then..... :)
3 x
Jimmie

An Okie living in Oregon

H009G
H004
H009BG
"Never miss a good chance to shut up." Will Rogers
"It's better to eat yer fruit before ya shoot it." youtuber WHO_TEE_WHO