Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Range Report_SGC and Me_6/7/16

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Range Report_SGC and Me_6/7/16

Post by PT7 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:56 pm

After I put away the 20ga Pump s/g this afternoon, I had to (of course) spend some time shooting my Henry SGC .22LR. It's been patiently waiting in my gun cabinet for over a month to get to the range again. ;)

This is an easy and pleasurable Range Report to pen. The SGC simply works excellently, and it does what I want. Very, very comfortable to shoot this accurate carbine.

AMMO
30 rounds shot of Browning Perf. Rimfire (BPR) 40gr RN.
50 rounds shot of Aguila 40gr High Velocity.

SHOOTING POSITION
Off-hand standing.

DISTANCES
25, 30, 50, 75 yards.

TARGETS

I first shot 30 rounds at this paper splash target, set at 25 yards.
28/30 in target, with two outliers barely outside the target.
Gosh, I didn't send any directly into the dirt today for this target, and is that ever rare!! :o
DSCN1290.JPG
Black steel 10"-square target, set at 40 yards.
Shot 10 rounds and placed 8 in target. Yup, two in the dirt.
DSCN1291.JPG

Black steel standard silhouette, set at two distances, and POIs for both distances are seen on the target.

I shot 10 rounds at 75 yards, but none hit the center square plate. Six POIs to the right of center square, and one POI landed higher above the center square. Three in dirt. Happy camper here!

I then moved closer in to 30 yards. Here I shot 30 rounds rapid-fire (three 10-round loads). And I went after rapid today, just for fun. Anyone who shoots a H001 knows how easily, smoothly, and quickly that lever can be moved along! I "heard" close to all 30 rounds in the center square....sure enjoyed making a mess of that black steel. Yes, I did "clean up" and sprayed it black before I left the range. ;)
DSCN1294.JPG
I really enjoyed the range time today with the SGC. Just like everyone enjoys their model Henrys! :D
Moving along for the rest of the week, the milder temps will disappear, and some really hot summer air will settle in. It's predicted to be 90 to 95 degrees over the entire weekend.

So I had much fun today, while enjoying the best weather of the week.
Everyone have a great day :!:
1 x

~Пока~

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Range Report_SGC and Me_6/7/16

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:04 pm

It looks like you had another great day at the range today! Thanks for both range reports, PT7. I enjoyed reading about your new Benelli at the range, too.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:22 pm

Great offhand shooting. I shot my SGC also offhand today and think we had similar results. But I also shot kneeling and did a little better.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:26 am

Man I need one of these.....wait, I need both the SGC and an outdoor range to shoot at.
Excellent shooting Sir, glad you had the weather to enjoy the day.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:04 am

I like peep sighted lever actions the best for off hand shooting. Makes for a fun outing and the practice helps to make you better.
1 x