Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
Kissmybrass
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Post by Kissmybrass » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:06 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:10 pm
Chris74 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:37 pm
I found the forum after seeing it mentioned in another shooting forum, probably Marlin's, I cant remember. After getting my first Henry this spring, I joined up. So I guess word of mouth, or recommendations is how I found it.
This site is not hidden, but it sure is a treat to those who find it and look around long enough to see what a great forum it is !!
Then join! ☺
Exactly! No politics and thousands of years of knowledge. I've ONLY depended on the help from this forum. Nobody tires to one-up each other It's refreshing.
3 x
H010G 45-70
H006M Big Boy Classic .357
Sig 320 XCompact
S&W 686 Plus 5"
Rem 870 Tac

Bill.68
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bill.68 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:09 pm

Thanks for the welcome vaquero and JEBar. Happy to be here. I like to jaw alot so youll probably hear from me alot, mostly lies and tall tales but hey, that makes it all fun. 😉

I just like to shoot guns, alot, and talk guns. I cant believe I have to say it but I have to say it, sometimes these fory.s are one of the best places to learn something. Of course you gotta weed through alot of BS and bickering but eventually its not hard to figure out who to listen to and who to, well, not.
1 x
Please always remember to never forget, No matter where you go, there you are.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:19 pm

No BS or bickering here. That's what makes this forum special.
Enjoy Bill...and welcome, from Western North Carolina.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

polsjeff@gmail.com
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by polsjeff@gmail.com » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:52 pm

I just got in today after reading an article about Internet Forums in the latest edition of USCCA Magazine over the weekend. I got started on the Henry journey about a year ago when I bought my .410 X-Model. Since then, I got the .45 Colt Big Boy, the AR7 Survival, and this past Saturday I ordered the Long Ranger Express from my local FFL. Can't wait to get it!
1 x
Speak the Truth at every opportunity

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:07 pm

I have some interest in the Long Ranger. What caliber is it? Would like to hear about it when you get it.
By the way.... Welcome to the Henry forum. Post often and we like pictures if you have any. :D
0 x

polsjeff@gmail.com
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by polsjeff@gmail.com » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:29 pm

Chambered in 223/556!
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:49 pm

polsjeff@gmail.com wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:52 pm
I just got in today after reading an article about Internet Forums in the latest edition of USCCA Magazine over the weekend. I got started on the Henry journey about a year ago when I bought my .410 X-Model. Since then, I got the .45 Colt Big Boy, the AR7 Survival, and this past Saturday I ordered the Long Ranger Express from my local FFL. Can't wait to get it!
first, welcome to our community, delighted to have you join us .... do hope you will continue to be an active member who reads and post often .... looking forward to your coming reports as you become better acquainted with your Henry rifles .... be sure to follow the link below to where you can add them to our forum's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 75#p205075
0 x

polsjeff@gmail.com
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by polsjeff@gmail.com » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:53 pm

Well, the FFL told me yesterday that the Long Ranger Express is no longer in his cart, and all wholesalers are saying six to nine months! Henry, where are you?
0 x

LM Gorton
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by LM Gorton » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:08 am

8 years ago I won a bolt action 243 on a 10 gun raffle I entered, never had much of a want or need for a centerfire so I added a few bucks to the "take the cash" option and bought my first lever, an H001 and fell in love with it.
A few years later, I decided I wanted to get a lever to match my 7½" Blackhawk in 45LC. Typical wants vs needs so I never spent the money.
2 weeks ago, my local little town held the most amazing Cancer benefit for me as I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma mid Spring. At the benefit, my Boss, a close friend for many years presented me with my dream Rifle, a Doug Turnbull H012, case hardened 45LC beauty that my coworkers came together and bought me. What an overwhelming experience!!
I'm thrilled to announce that I just finished my final round of Chemo this past Wednesday, 28 days of radiation coming up and they say I'm gonna be clean!
After receiving the 45, I googled Henry forums and found this wonderful place.
6 x
Keep your powder dry

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:28 am

Quite a little story LM. Congratulations are in order. First and most importantly, glad to hear you are expected to be clear soon! We just never know what hand life is going to deal us. You are a survivor.
Secondly, congratulations on acquiring those fine rifles!
Glad your Google search led you here. Hope you continue to enjoy the forum. it IS a wonderful place and we're glad to have you in the family.

Mark
2 x
I'm your Huckleberry