Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
Hogdoc45
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Post by Hogdoc45 » Wed May 13, 2020 10:23 am

Not new to Henry Rifles, as I own a Big Boy .44 mag carbine and a .44 mag Mare's Leg. I am new to the forum, or I should say, newly returned to the form. Love shooting both of my Henry firearms. I live in Georgia, by way of Louisiana. I love cowboys, westerns, motorcycles (Harley owner), bird watching in my back yard, and a passel of other things. With weapons, my interest lie in self/home defense and range time. Look forward to gaining much information and fellowship with fellow Henry owners.
2 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed May 13, 2020 10:58 am

You have returned to the right place then!
Welcome back Hogdoc!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed May 13, 2020 11:36 am

Hogdoc45 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:23 am
Not new to Henry Rifles, as I own a Big Boy .44 mag carbine and a .44 mag Mare's Leg.

welcome back indeed .... delighted to see you back on the open forum .... please feel free to take part in ongoing conversations; as well as, to start others of your own .... be sure to follow the link below and add your Henry Rifles to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 35#p135635
0 x

Yaguul
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Yaguul » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:45 pm

Googled Henry Rifles.
0 x

Shelbydan
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Shelbydan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:51 pm

Hi all,
Thanks for the add. I am from Chippewa Falls Wisconsin, & lucky enough to live near the Henry plant in Rice Lake I have 2 Henry 30-30’s, I purchased 3 Golden Boy 22’s —one for myself, & one for each of my Grandsons. Both of my 30-30’s have the “W” in their serial number. From what I understand, the first 100 off the line in Rice Lake were offered to employees only. Does anybody know if this is true? I have serial number 115
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:22 pm

Shelbydan wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:51 pm
Hi all,
Thanks for the add. I am from Chippewa Falls Wisconsin, & lucky enough to live near the Henry plant in Rice Lake I have 2 Henry 30-30’s, I purchased 3 Golden Boy 22’s —one for myself, & one for each of my Grandsons. Both of my 30-30’s have the “W” in their serial number. From what I understand, the first 100 off the line in Rice Lake were offered to employees only. Does anybody know if this is true? I have serial number 115
Welcome to the forum from CT. Glad you joined us. If no one here knows the answer to that question, a quick call to Henry CS will likely do it. Let us know the answer if you learn it from them; that is, if you don't learn it from one of us first. ;)
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:36 pm

Shelbydan wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:51 pm
Hi all,
welcome to our forum, delighted to have you join us .... I have no clue as to the W and am looking forward to hearing the answer .... do hope you will freel free to read and post often .... be sure to follow the link below to where you can add your 5 Henry rifles to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... start=1230
0 x

Bobinnh
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Bobinnh » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:26 pm

Hello Folks,
I'm glad to be here and tell you all about my Henry's and how I finally came about them.
Well, I live in the beautiful state of New Hampshire! I am just a lover and admirer of Guns! I bought my first rifle about 17 years ago. A Marlin 30-30 manufactured in North Haven. CT.
I loved that rifle since the day I bought it. I'm proud to say, I still have it and my feelings haven't changed a bit. Since I purchased that 336, I found myself attracted to other firearms. I always wanted one of those fancy Henry Rifles.

To be honest I was turned off because of the lack of a loading gate. Now when I saw Henry come out with a set of rifles with the loading gate, I decided to get one. Well they're a bit hard to find. I finally found one on Gunbroker and purchased that baby right away! The .38-55. I'm glad I did too! Very nice rifle! I unboxed it , and to my surprise it was dirty! I mean filthy. I went to cleaning it up, and found a big scuff on the butt plate. I was pretty upset. I had wanted a Henry rifle for all those years, and I was not happy. I called Henry and they were nothing short of AWESOME! They couldn't do enough for me. I sent them pictures and everything, so they knew my frustration. They offered to have the rifle returned to them. I told them i didn't like the idea of waiting. I mentioned the obvious. I thought. To just send me a new butt plate. Well the butt plates are fitted to each stock. So they said. We"ll send you a New Stock!!! I couldn't believe it. I actually told them i thought that was not necessary as of yet. I wanted to try and polish it first. So they sent me free polish! It worked! What fantastic customer service! The very best I have ever seen with any company in my 56 years on this planet! I was so happy I bought another Henry!
I now am the Very Proud owner of a .38-55 side gate , and a Big Boy Classic chambered in .357 Magnum/ 38 special!
Yup I have the H024-3855 and the H006M!
These two Babies sit along side my Marlin 336 .30-30, Marlin 1895CB .45-70, Smith and Wesons Model 27, M&P 9 2.0 , M&P 380 EZ SHIELD 2.0, and model 642.
Now I'm strongly considering the Henry H018-410R. Nice little shotgun.
I'm glad to be here and I'm glad to be a proud owner of two Henry rifles. As well as a responcible and proud Gun Owner!
Thanks All!
2 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:56 am

Bobinnh wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:26 pm
I'm glad to be here and tell you all about my Henry's and how I finally came about them.
Welcome to the forum from CT, Bob; and thanks for sharing your Henry story with us. You'll enjoy the company here. Glad you joined us.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:50 am

Bobinnh wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:26 pm
Well, I live in the beautiful state of New Hampshire!
a few years ago we spent some time in the fall in Barre and it was beautiful indeed .. 8-) .. I do hope you will read and post often .... feel free to jump into ongoing conversations; as well as, to start others of your own .... be sure to follow the link below and add your Henry rifles to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... start=1230
0 x