Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
Milton Fox Racing
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Post by Milton Fox Racing » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:10 am

I've been a diecast friend of daytime daves for a few years now and he often talks about the Henry Rifle Forum with me. He invited me over again so I managed to slip by the gate keepers with his help this time and I have been roaming around the boards here for the past few days.
2 x

Choctaw
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Choctaw » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:16 am

Well, I actively searched for this forum. Having other's views and opinions makes my Henry Big Boy experience many times better. I'm intelligent, but group intelligence is much more useful.
2 x
Choctaw

Chris74
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Chris74 » Tue May 03, 2022 10:37 pm

I found the forum after seeing it mentioned in another shooting forum, probably Marlin's, I cant remember. After getting my first Henry this spring, I joined up. So I guess word of mouth, or recommendations is how I found it.
2 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue May 03, 2022 11:10 pm

Chris74 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:37 pm
I found the forum after seeing it mentioned in another shooting forum, probably Marlin's, I cant remember. After getting my first Henry this spring, I joined up. So I guess word of mouth, or recommendations is how I found it.
This site is not hidden, but it sure is a treat to those who find it and look around long enough to see what a great forum it is !!
Then join! ☺
3 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Retlawman
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Retlawman » Wed May 18, 2022 3:08 pm

Actually, in the 1911 forum, under rifles sub forum. I was reading great opinions on Henry. I always wanted a lever action, ever since I was a kid watching western films and TV shows from the 70s mostly. I grew up in NYC and my dad was an accountant, so I was happy enough to get a cap gun. 😆.

I did a ton of research online. I decided the .357 Big Boy side loader carbine versus was best for my needs. I just picked her up yesterday!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed May 18, 2022 4:35 pm

Congratulations!! That is a beautiful carbine. The 357 is a big favorite of many members here, myself included!
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard.

Mark
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Tomhenry65
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Tomhenry65 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:38 pm

Was looking for info on how to remove the fore stock on my new 45-70 to add the Fancy Stocks I got from Henry. Google searched for a Henry forum. Have since found a video on the subject.
0 x

Bill.68
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bill.68 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:02 pm

My story? Well, Ive owned my Henry BigBoy 44mag for about two years now, bought it used on of GB during the height of the madness of 2020. I honestly knew better but I paid the premium like a fool. Mine is one of the 20" Octagonal barrel and the CCH parts on it, really nice gun and Id have to say that the previous owner did try to take decent care of it, but not like me, Im a fanatic. So, off to the range with some decent handloads and immediately, cant extract the case. OK, this is troubling, and no good. Packed it up and took it home. Got out my stuck case tool, a wooden dowel and tapped it out. Wow! A perfect "cast" of the chamber was imprinted onto the case. Id say the brass had flowed into grooves around the chamber about 1 to 2 thousands thick and it just locked the case into the chamber. I think the guy used a screwdriver to clean the chamber or something. Good news though is Henry took good care of me and replaced the barrel (1:38 👎) and even put nice new wood on it, new bolt as well, basically gave me back a new gun. Wow I thought, until I tried to cycle it, it was like a siezed piston. Did they even try to cycle the action before sending it back? I hope they didnt actually. So back to Henry a second time. Im starting to regret my purchase. Gun comes back and it feels like its been lapped inside. Why? Because it has. Its literally glass smooth now. Its kinda freaky how slick a lever gun can be, its my first one, ever.

So when I got it back the second time, telling myself it was basically a new gun I should be enjoying it, and I do, more each time I shoot it. I love reloading also, one of its favorite loads pops out a 200gr bullet over some H800x at a screaming 2200+fps and is laser accurate at 100yds and very very respectable at 200yds, with factory buckhorn sights, I refuse to put a RDS or a scope on my lever gun. A very enjoyable rifle so.....

I figured hey, Im a member of the 68forum, the S&W forum, the Ruger forum, 1911addicts, Snipers Hide and a few others, why not look for a Henry forum and guess what, I found it. Im having so much of a good time finally with my Henry I knew there had to be enough people doing the same to form a forum and I was right. Honestly the only thing, well, two things I dont like about the Henry, the biggest is the 1:38 twist in MY barrel (glad to see they FINALLY wised up) and the sights. I dont necessarily hate buckhorn type sights but Henrys are pretty bad, at least through my eyeballs. Of course my eyeballs are getting pretty old and have never been the best anyway.

Yep, glad I found this place, Ive learned alot of stuff already, some bad, some good, some just handy stuff to know. The best news Ive gleaned from here so far is the fact that the new 44mag twist rate is 1:20!! Ill have me one please.🙏

Im afraid though that not many will be able to learn much from me about Henry rifles as Im a newbie in that area but its nice to have knowledgeable people to go to when I have a question.

By the way. Im a WV boy who, Heaven help me, has landed behind the lines in mary-land.
0 x
Please always remember to never forget, No matter where you go, there you are.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:23 pm

Bill.68 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:02 pm
My story? Well, Ive owned my Henry BigBoy 44mag for about two years now,
welcome indeed .... delighted to have you join our forum .... Henry's service after the sale is outstanding .... as you have learned first hand, they will make it right .... our BBS 44 mag has proven to be one heck of a shooter ....its accurate, has a smooth action and is fun to fire .... do hope you will be an active member who reads and post often .... be sure to follow the link below to where you can add your Henry to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 74#p203774
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:33 pm

Hello Bill, and welcome to the forum from central W TN.
Those 44's sure all popular, like you not a fan of that 1:38 twist, I much prefer the 1:20.
What bullet is that 200 gr., ifn ya don't ind me ask'n?

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012