Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Post by Mags » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:04 am

Have been curious for a while how people are learning about our forum's existence. Kind of a slow evening, so went reading through older topics all the way back to the beginning. The question came up a few times in passing, but nothing ever definitive ever came of it that I could find. I know some members came over from an older website that was being discontinued, but it seems most people that join just show up, without sharing how they found the forum.

My story. I bought my first Henry by accident. My son was in town with a friend of his, and wanted to go gun shopping. I went along and while they were looking at modern firearms I was casually looking at more traditional firearms. The brass on the Henry caught my eye. The heft and feel of it almost sealed the deal then and there. I was addicted, but resisted the impulse to buy then and there. Lasted 24 hours. I bought it the next day. Played with it a bit and decided I needed a sling and scope.

I wanted to buy a sling that didn't require drilling a hole in the stock. That lead me to the BrassStacker No-Drill Sling. But in looking at their listing for the H009B their mag tube diameter was smaller than mine. So set about trying to find out why. Google didn't find much chatter on it, the few postings I found indicated a mag tube problem that required Henry to redesign to accommodated a beefier mag tube. In my search for information, this forum was part of the google search results. There you have it and here I am.

What' your story?
Last edited by Mags on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Re: What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Post by Les » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:44 am

I was looking for a pump action .22. I didn't think new ones were being made anymore, so I was looking for used guns. As I was surfing the internet, I came across the Henry site. To say that I was surprised to see a new PA is an understatement.

I ordered one from my LGS the next day, and after a 12 week wait they told me it had arrived. Was it worth the wait? I think you all know the answer to that! :D
2 x

Ratchet
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Ratchet » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:22 am

I saw this site mentioned in the Henry forum on Rimfire Central.
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:44 am

I googled 'Henry Forums' and started on the original forum.
Last edited by Mistered on Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:02 am

I was one of the ones from the old forum. I had recently just learned about Henry Rifles from a local ad that sounded interesting. This was back in late '12 or early '13. The more I checked into Henrys, the more I like them, particularly the H001 22 that I eventually ended up buying. On late Saturday nights when I sometimes get bored, I'll just go on a search. The old Henry site popped up and I joined it. One of the first guys I met there was Daytime Dave.
1 x
NRA Member

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:52 am

I was introduced to Henry rifles when my son-in-law lent me his H001 .22LR to "try out." I had it for about a year, and that fun time lassoed me into the Henry world, and I became more & more interested in cowboy-action rifles and revolvers.

Found the older Henry web site and joined it. That's where I first "met" Daytime Day and Sir Henry. Along with other Henry Folk, I followed the trail west from that older website that didn't make it passed the last river it tried to cross, and hitched up to the current HRF. I'm a Founding Member here, and DD defined this group as "the first 100 Members of Henry Rifle Forums."

Been enjoying the evening campfire tales during many sunsets since March 21, 2016. :)
PT7
3 x

~Пока~

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:09 am

I was a member of the old Henry forum with Daytime Dave and Sir Henry .... when it folded, I followed them over here and am most happy that I did
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:13 am

JEBar wrote:I was a member of the old Henry forum with Daytime Dave and Sir Henry .... when it folded, I followed them over here and am most happy that I did.
Me, too.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:17 am

I was looking for info on 1860 rifles and tripped over this forum...
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:08 pm

I quoted 303Lithgow (Sir H) back and forth a couple of times on a thread about Henry Scope mounts on RFC, which led to the old forum which led me to here.
1 x