Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Re: What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Post by Ernie » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:33 am

That's a great rifle hope you enjoy it. Hope every thing works well for your final treatments.
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:31 am

LM Gorton wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:08 am
8 years ago I won a bolt action 243 on a 10 gun raffle I entered, never had much of a want or need for a centerfire so I added a few bucks to the "take the cash" option and bought my first lever, an H001 and fell in love with it.
A few years later, I decided I wanted to get a lever to match my 7½" Blackhawk in 45LC. Typical wants vs needs so I never spent the money.
2 weeks ago, my local little town held the most amazing Cancer benefit for me as I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma mid Spring. At the benefit, my Boss, a close friend for many years presented me with my dream Rifle, a Doug Turnbull H012, case hardened 45LC beauty that my coworkers came together and bought me. What an overwhelming experience!!
I'm thrilled to announce that I just finished my final round of Chemo this past Wednesday, 28 days of radiation coming up and they say I'm gonna be clean!
After receiving the 45, I googled Henry forums and found this wonderful place.
Congratulations on your recovery and having such a great group of friends.
2 x

Mr. Neutron
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mr. Neutron » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:39 pm

Prayers for You, LM Gorton!!!

What a cool story! You're blessed with some really GREAT community members and friends! 8-)

New guy here, myself. Bought a barely used H009G back .30-30 in early September, and followed it up almost immediately with a new little brother, an H004 Golden Boy in .22lr. Like a lot of others here, I went looking for info on something about these rifles, and found this great forum from a Google search. And I've benefited a lot from the folks & knowledge base here! Thanks, Y'all!!!
4 x
Jimmie

An Okie living in Oregon

H009G
H004
H009BG
"Never miss a good chance to shut up." Will Rogers
"It's better to eat yer fruit before ya shoot it." youtuber WHO_TEE_WHO

shortstop
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by shortstop » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:47 pm

Hello,

just purchased a Henry H006R, First Henry ever!) might have to go overbite introduction site , just wanted to say hello, learned about the HRF by searching on how to clean the Receiver , what to use and just see what info I could read about on this beautiful firearm., I will post a pic when I learn how, I know that sounds crazy but Im a little older than some though not has old as others :mrgreen:
4 x

DeathValleyMike
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by DeathValleyMike » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:43 pm

Honestly I just googled “Henry Forums” .
Looking forward to some great conversations!
2 x

drschultz
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by drschultz » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:54 pm

Hi all, I already own a Henry in 22 Mag and several Marlins so I'm no stranger to leverguns I just purchased a BigBoy in 45 colt from gunbroker. I already have a Ruger Blackhawk in that caliber so it seemed like a natural marriage. I was trying to research +P loads for the BigBoy so I thought I should join up. Now I need some advice. I'd like to keep fps under about 1300 or whatever is safe with a 200-240 grain bullet and IMR 4227 powder. The commies in charge of this joint made it illegal to go out of state to purchase ammunition components so I have to use what I have.

As to how I learned of the Henry Rifle forum, you can learn most anything with a web browser. It just stood to reason. Ruger has a forum, so does Marlin, so does the CMP, etc, etc. It wasn't hard to find. Most are populated with great people who are happy to share ideas, gun talk, politics and the like. I expect to be very happy here.
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:10 pm

Welcome drschultz, from Western North Carolina, USA. Enjoy the forum. I'm sure your questions will be answered here.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:51 pm

drschultz wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:54 pm
Hi all, ...

As to how I learned of the Henry Rifle forum, you can learn most anything with a web browser. It just stood to reason. Ruger has a forum, so does Marlin, so does the CMP, etc, etc. It wasn't hard to find. Most are populated with great people who are happy to share ideas, gun talk, politics and the like. I expect to be very happy here.
Welcome to the forum!
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:23 am

drschultz wrote:
Hi all, I already own a Henry in 22 Mag and several Marlins so I'm no stranger to leverguns I just purchased a BigBoy in 45 colt from gunbroker. I already have a Ruger Blackhawk in that caliber so it seemed like a natural marriage. I was trying to research +P loads for the BigBoy so I thought I should join up. Now I need some advice. I'd like to keep fps under about 1300 or whatever is safe with a 200-240 grain bullet and IMR 4227 powder. The commies in charge of this joint made it illegal to go out of state to purchase ammunition components so I have to use what I have.

Welcome drschultz from So-Cal. To get a +p load for the .45 Colt, maybe look at Verquro's "10.0gr Unique" in the Range Report sub forum.
That may be the ticket. Enjoy that .45 Colt.
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:02 pm

drschultz wrote:
Most are populated with great people who are happy to share ideas, gun talk, politics and the like. I expect to be very happy here.
Very true, Except for the politics please. It's against forum rules. :)
2 x
I'm your Huckleberry