Please tell us about yourself and your interests
RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: New member from MD

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:24 am

Nick-A wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:39 am

I completely understand on the security. I prefer a secur place with a few hurdles over a spamfest any day.
I am going to keep this "profile" ,, how do I go about removing the other?
The vpn being on won’t cause your profile to be cleared. This forum doesn’t have an automatic system capable of doing that. It might not let you log on but won’t change anything. Simple check would be to turn on vpn and give it a try.
Your other profile is deleted. Reason being that we don’t allow multiple profiles from same person.
One of the reasons your membership request was suspicious was the second one you submitted. Same isp which indicates same person different IP address. We frequently receive multiple requests from actual scammers coming through the same internet service providers which use multiple ip addresses.
2 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:34 am

welcome to our forum .... good luck in finding the additional Henry rifles that you are considering .... do hope you will read and post often .... be sure to follow the link below to where you may add your current Henry to our community's total .... also be sure to revisit this link as your collection grows

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 19#p214419
0 x

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:09 pm

Welcome!
0 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:22 pm

Welcome from the Land of Sugar!
Jake
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Nick-A
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Nick-A » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:48 pm

Thanks for taking the time to explain,
After the 1st attempt at signing up, a week or more went by, I tried with a different email,, then I got the "banned" message and something about my IP,, so I made the last attempt with my current "Nick-A" profile with the VPN off.

I will dig around and see if there was in fact a 3rd profile,, I do not recall seeing a 3rd conformation.
Sorry for all the ruckus,, anyhow , here I am. Headed to a Henry "gold dealer" in a week who has the .44 CCH carbine I am interested in.
RetiredSeabee wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:24 am
Nick-A wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:39 am

I completely understand on the security. I prefer a secur place with a few hurdles over a spamfest any day.
I am going to keep this "profile" ,, how do I go about removing the other?
The vpn being on won’t cause your profile to be cleared. This forum doesn’t have an automatic system capable of doing that. It might not let you log on but won’t change anything. Simple check would be to turn on vpn and give it a try.
Your other profile is deleted. Reason being that we don’t allow multiple profiles from same person.
One of the reasons your membership request was suspicious was the second one you submitted. Same isp which indicates same person different IP address. We frequently receive multiple requests from actual scammers coming through the same internet service providers which use multiple ip addresses.
0 x

Nick-A
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Nick-A » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:53 pm

Thanks,
I used to live "up river" from you,,, on the Brazos in Mumford,,,
Shakey Jake wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:22 pm
Welcome from the Land of Sugar!
Jake
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:55 pm

Welcome from So-Cal. Seems that things got cleared up. Just one of those internet snafos I suppose. RetiredSeabee is our main lookout, and, he's good. Very good.
Now, regarding the .44 your looking for, will you handload for it? Again, welcome aboard.
0 x

Nick-A
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Nick-A » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:58 pm

I do plan to Reload .44 mag plinking and hunting loads. I have never reloaded but have been talking to some local guys on the MD Shooters forum.
I am an avid Deer hunter and do a lot of muzzle loader hunting. 100 yards is about as far as I would have a shot.
With The ML, I use a soft lead boat tail HP in 300 grain (PR Bullet extreme Elite), pushing it about 1600 FPS and get great performance on deer out to 100 yards.
So my plan is to load the .44 with a 300 gr soft lead HP and try to push it around 1800 FPS.
The sabot keeps my ML from fouling,, I will have to figure out keeping the .44 barrel lead free?

Rifletom wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:55 pm
Welcome from So-Cal. Seems that things got cleared up. Just one of those internet snafos I suppose. RetiredSeabee is our main lookout, and, he's good. Very good.
Now, regarding the .44 your looking for, will you handload for it? Again, welcome aboard.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:53 pm

Nick-A wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:58 pm
... I will have to figure out keeping the .44 barrel lead free?
Some bullets options

Lead free
jacketed - copper coated or plated
moly or polymer coated
hard lead alloy

avoid 100% pure lead and soft lead alloys.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

XJP5
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by XJP5 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:29 pm

Welcome to the forum MD :-)
0 x
Henry Big Boy Color-Case Hardened Side Gate: Model H012GCC
20" Octagon Blued Steel
10 rounds (.44 Magnum/ .44 Special)
Link: https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/big-boy ... side-gate/