New member from MD

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
Nick-A
Tenderfoot
United States of America

New member from MD

Post by Nick-A » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:23 pm

Let's try this again.
New member from Maryland, I have had a terrible time trying to join the forum.
While trying to sign up the 1st time,, I received a message that I was permanently banned BEFORE being approved and ever posting??
After a few weeks of emails, I was finally approved and made an intro post and a post in the centerfire forum,,, Then my entire profile and all posts disappeared, and I appeared locked out.
So this is a new profile AND I think the problem was that my router was going through a VPN.
I have the VPN off and believe that if I try to log in while the VPN is on I will be banned and my profile wiped?

Anyhow,
Longtime Deer hunter and shooter.
Bought my son a Henry H001 .22 a few years back,, and had an issue and Henry CS was GREAT,, they replaced my sons rifle with an UPGRADED rifle.
So now that MD allows SWC rifles in previous shotgun only deer hunting areas,, I am on the lookout for a .44 mag ,,
AND, looks like I will be ELK hunting in WY at least once a year,, so I will be picking up a 45-70.

(What is the best email to get a live person if I run into any more problems with my forum account? I am concerned that my account will be wiped if I forget to have the wife disable the VPN before I log on.

Nick
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Re: New member from MD

Post by Vaquero » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:49 pm

Welcome from central W TN to the forum.
Good luck in your search for those two.
Searchin is a bit of fun for me.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:55 pm

Hi Nick, welcome! I use a VPN every now and then, and have not had an issue. Hopefully, the situation with your profile will get worked out soon.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:19 pm

Welcome aboard, you should be fine now that your IP address has been registered. Turning on the VPN shouldn’t cause any problems on this end.
Your previous posts deleted was an error on my part I fat fingered a small icon. My apologies and appreciation that you came back to start over.
The problem with these vpn systems is that some of them are very popular with online scammers. The one you use happens to be one that is identified as very high risk. Many of its customers come from countries that are hostile to to the Western Hemisphere.
I am the guy who locked you out until we could be reasonably sure that you weren’t a risk. Sorry for the frustration caused but it is my responsibility to protect the interests of the forum. I have no safe way of contacting potential scammers without exposing myself to possible risk from them.
The forum email contact that you have been using is the best one for you to use. The owner is the guy who reads them.
Again welcome aboard or maybe I should say welcome back..
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

brm4450
Drover
United States of America

Post by brm4450 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:30 pm

Welcome from stormy Dacotah
0 x
H012C, 2 H004V, H001TMER, H004SV, H001TV, H001TLB, H003T, H005MG, H001V, H001TLP, Rossi Ranch Hand, Uberti 1860, Ubérti 1866 Goldenboy
"when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:08 pm

Welcome to the forum. We take security serious and if my memory is right you are the first person banned that has followed through to get reinstated.

I have several H001’s and shoot them often.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Nick-A
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Nick-A » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:39 am

No problem SeeBee,
This "profile" is one I signed up for when I could not get the original one approved. The approval for this one came in right about when the original one "disappeared"
I kinda had a feeling it may be the VPN giving me problems, so I logged in to with profile after turning the VPN off.

I completely understand on the security. I prefer a secur place with a few hurdles over a spamfest any day.
I am going to keep this "profile" ,, how do I go about removing the other?

RetiredSeabee wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:19 pm
Welcome aboard, you should be fine now that your IP address has been registered. Turning on the VPN shouldn’t cause any problems on this end.
Your previous posts deleted was an error on my part I fat fingered a small icon. My apologies and appreciation that you came back to start over.
The problem with these vpn systems is that some of them are very popular with online scammers. The one you use happens to be one that is identified as very high risk. Many of its customers come from countries that are hostile to to the Western Hemisphere.
I am the guy who locked you out until we could be reasonably sure that you weren’t a risk. Sorry for the frustration caused but it is my responsibility to protect the interests of the forum. I have no safe way of contacting potential scammers without exposing myself to possible risk from them.
The forum email contact that you have been using is the best one for you to use. The owner is the guy who reads them.
Again welcome aboard or maybe I should say welcome back..
0 x

Nick-A
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Nick-A » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:43 am

Currently, I am logged in with the VPN off,
Are you sure if I turn it on, the forum software wont flag this profile as coming from a suspect IP address?

Thanks,
Nick
RetiredSeabee wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:19 pm
0 x

Nick-A
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Nick-A » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:52 am

My problem is,, I f found both right away.
I think the wife would kill me if I bought 2) $1000 guns at one time.

I think I will be picking up the .44 Color Case carbine (H012GRCC) 1st,, "If" I can swap a Pistol grip stock on to it .

Vaquero wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:49 pm
Welcome from central W TN to the forum.
Good luck in your search for those two.
Searchin is a bit of fun for me.

RP
1 x

BruniX
Cowhand
France

Post by BruniX » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:53 am