Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hello From East Central Florida

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Hello From East Central Florida

Post by Rifletom » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:36 am

Welcome from So-Cal! You're going to enjoy that Henry .45 Colt. And a revolver in same cartridge. Nice!
Like Vaquero said, lots of handloders here.
1 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:25 am

concretus wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:24 pm
I’m in Cocoa; about an hour south of Holly Hill, twenty minutes from the Space Center. Lived here 50 years…Nice area Holly Hill.
I had some high school friends whose parents lived there in the Daytona area and commuted to the Cape for work. Of course, things were very busy at the Cape during the late 60s, early 70s with the Apollo missions.

I still get down to Florida to visit very now and then. Not much family left there now, but enough for me to show up once in a while.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:11 pm

Hello from the Land of Sugar!
Jake
1 x

brm4450
Drover
United States of America

Post by brm4450 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:25 pm

Welcome from the plains of Dacotah
1 x
H012C, 2 H004V, H001TMER, H004SV, H001TV, H001TLB, H003T, H005MG, H001V, H001TLP, Rossi Ranch Hand, Uberti 1860, Ubérti 1866 Goldenboy
"when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk" Tuco

concretus
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by concretus » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:59 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I hope I can be of service to y’all!
0 x

concretus
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by concretus » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:02 pm

clovishound wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:25 am
concretus wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:24 pm
I’m in Cocoa; about an hour south of Holly Hill, twenty minutes from the Space Center. Lived here 50 years…Nice area Holly Hill.
I had some high school friends whose parents lived there in the Daytona area and commuted to the Cape for work. Of course, things were very busy at the Cape during the late 60s, early 70s with the Apollo missions.

I still get down to Florida to visit very now and then. Not much family left there now, but enough for me to show up once in a while.
I’ve been working at the Cape about 36 years now. I have been fortunate to see a lot of really cool stuff.
0 x

concretus
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by concretus » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:09 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:44 am
Welcome to the Henry Family. As I always tell folks, it's a family, so jump right in, post, share anecdotes, ask questions, post pictures. We like pictures. (I like pictures) Guns, dogs, trucks, fish, whatever... but like family, we'll rag on you ... but all in good fun. You know, "You call that a fish, back home we call THAT bait!" :lol:

I pulled up Cocoa on the map. See, I grew up all over Florida... Relatives in Gainesville, Tampa, Pensacola.... then I realized... not the East Coast.
I lived in the Keys, Everglades, Forgotten Coast, Tampa, Gainesville, towns so small the school only had two classrooms. (K-6th and 7th - 12th.) ;)
I loved Florida back then, there were rural areas and peaceful. What a childhood. Then my mother pulled up stakes and moved to Virginia. 8-)

Now we are in Oklahoma. If you want to know something about a location, even worldwide, there may be someone here who has firsthand knowledge. Welcome to the family....
There is still some areas in FL with that small town feeling. Cocoa has grown a bit but thank goodness it’s not Orlando. We have kids/grandkids in Oklahoma (Edmund) and I hunt in VA every Thanksgiving (Lexington). Really love it in the mountains!
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:08 pm

concretus wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:09 pm
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:44 am
Welcome to the Henry Family. As I always tell folks, it's a family, so jump right in, post, share anecdotes, ask questions, post pictures. We like pictures. (I like pictures) Guns, dogs, trucks, fish, whatever... but like family, we'll rag on you ... but all in good fun. You know, "You call that a fish, back home we call THAT bait!" :lol:

I pulled up Cocoa on the map. See, I grew up all over Florida... Relatives in Gainesville, Tampa, Pensacola.... then I realized... not the East Coast.
I lived in the Keys, Everglades, Forgotten Coast, Tampa, Gainesville, towns so small the school only had two classrooms. (K-6th and 7th - 12th.) ;)
I loved Florida back then, there were rural areas and peaceful. What a childhood. Then my mother pulled up stakes and moved to Virginia. 8-)

Now we are in Oklahoma. If you want to know something about a location, even worldwide, there may be someone here who has firsthand knowledge. Welcome to the family....
There is still some areas in FL with that small town feeling. Cocoa has grown a bit but thank goodness it’s not Orlando. We have kids/grandkids in Oklahoma (Edmund) and I hunt in VA every Thanksgiving (Lexington). Really love it in the mountains!
My Dad and Step Mom still live in PCola, just outside of the Naval Base, he served 23 years in the Navy then 32 years in Civil Service; all of it in Naval Aviation. I have a daughter just outside Richmond, one in Williamsburg, another in Devol, Ok; and a son in DFW, Texas. We got it covered. :)
We loved the farm we had in VA but the changing attitudes killed it for us and we moved west.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

concretus
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by concretus » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:21 am

“We loved the farm we had in VA but the changing attitudes killed it for us and we moved west.”

Totally understand.
0 x

Mike_S
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mike_S » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:36 am

Another WELCOME from central NC!

Lived way south in Davie FL for a few years. After Wilma, got taxed right out of the state. There is a grand plan for everything.
0 x
Semper Fidelis.
Mike
H012MX