Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Vacuum Sealer

Tell us what you like. In the recipe sub forum post your recipe. Please no comments on recipes. Only likes please. The main cooking forum is for general chat about food and cooking.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Vacuum Sealer

Post by JEBar » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:26 am

back in May of 2017 we purchased a 935 Watt, Commercial Grade Pro 2300 Stainless Steel Weston Brands Vacuum Sealer Machine from Amazon ===> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G ... fined&th=1 .... back then I found its 4.5 star Amazon rating based on 371 customer reviews to be most impressive .... today it has a 4.4 star rating based on 1,739 ratings .... it :D has now been in moderate to heavy use for just over 5 years .... it stopped working about two weeks ago, just before we left South Dakota .... after some thinking about it, I ordered a $40 replacement seal and power strip kit .... this morning I decided to install it .... the problem with the sealer quickly revealed itself .... one end of the heat strip that melts the bag material was broken into .... no need to install the new rubber seals and such but since they were in the kit, I did .... its truly a commercial quality machine with a body made of stainless steel by today's standards it is large, heavy, bulky bottom line, Maureen tested the machine and it works just fine .... 8-)
1 x

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Vacuum Sealer

Post by Ernie » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:09 pm

Love it when something I like can be repaired. Congratulations
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Vacuum Sealer

Post by JEBar » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:42 pm

understood and agree ... in the areas related to seals and the heating strip this machine is designed to be serviced/worked on .... I'm sure that many thing can go wrong with it that I can't fix .... thankfully, none of them have broken ---- YET
0 x