Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Digital Food Probe

Tell us what you like. In the recipe sub forum post your recipe. Please no comments on recipes. Only likes please. The main cooking forum is for general chat about food and cooking.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Digital Food Probe

Post by JEBar » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:58 am

comments/observations from folks who have experience using a Digital Food Probe .... example ===> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S9 ... UTF8&psc=1 .... I can see it working pretty well for thicker cuts and am wondering how well it can perform when used on thin cuts of meats .. :?:
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Digital Food Probe

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:41 am

I bought the ThermoPro TP19H. It has 22,000 reviews not as many as the one you are looking at but the review rating is about the same. Ours is in the RV and worked great. Bought it off Amazon
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

2ffat
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by 2ffat » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:34 pm

I have and use one similar to the ThermoProd TP20 and one of my sons gave us a Meater. Both work great. I prefer the wireless probes. I use them in the oven and on the grill. That way I can keep an eye on the temperature without having to stand out in the heat or rain or gloom of night to check the temp at the rill
0 x
I look just like my avatar.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:50 pm

a couple of days ago my wife fried +/-2" had cut pork chops .... some were thicker than others, none were of a uniform thickness .... she used our digital food probe for the first time and it really worked well .... so well that she has moved it from my drawer of grill and griddle cooking tools to one of hers .... :?
0 x