Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Casatiello my Italian Easter Bread

Tell us what you like. In the recipe sub forum post your recipe. Please no comments on recipes. Only likes please. The main cooking forum is for general chat about food and cooking.
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Casatiello my Italian Easter Bread

Post by daytime dave » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:36 am

I'm not Italian by any stretch of the imagination. I lived in a predominantly Italian community and had a neighbor who made the best sauce I ever had. She taught me some of the sauce secrets and there were others over time in the community.
Mary's family has Spanish and Italian and French Canadian as backgrounds. I like learning their dishes. At Easter I had helped Mary make the Italian Easter bread. It is made with salami, black pepper and lard. You can't miss with those fillings. Egg crowns finish it off. Mary's made it for years, but sometimes she doesn't have time. This year I made it myself. Of course I couldn't find their recipe, so I searched the internet. It used to take a long time with the mixing done by hand. Now I use the KitchenAid and it goes quickly. Here are this year's results:

If you notice one of the breads eggs aren't crowned, that's just a bit of adjusting I did. I couldn't resist it warm out of the oven.

2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Casatiello my Italian Easter Bread

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:19 pm

Looks tasty Dave.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Casatiello my Italian Easter Bread

Post by RetiredSeabee » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:00 am

Now I am hungry. I will have to look this up.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)